Australian Netflix - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Australian Netflix

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    MsBlueStreak
    Participant

So, I kept hearing about how great 13 Reasons Why is… and then on Wednesday my butcher, of all people, told me I had to watch it.

So I came home and watched the first episode. AND now I can’t stop watching. Up to episode 6 so far, and this thing has serious production value and a great story.

NickiPower
    Participant

I’ve totally heard the rave reviews about 13 Reasons Why @MsBlueStreak! I’m actually getting back up to speed with Riverdale (why, oh why was it on a break?!?) and also season 2 of How to Get Away With Murder.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Okay, so I binge finished the last four episode… and it was seriously powerful.

I can also honestly recommend hanging around for the post series behind-the-scenes. It both helps to provide context, and calm your nerves a little after the traumatic final episode.

ElleBelle
    Participant

I heard there is some pretty graphic sexual assault scenes in 13 Reasons Why. Im not sure I’m in the right frame of mind for that right now, might hold off on watching it for a few weeks.

I had no idea that Ethel = Barb @NickiPower! I love them both!

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@ElleBelle there were both graphic, and according to the producers deliberately heavily uncomfortable, rape scenes and the suicide scene.

It was explained in the post series behind-the-scenes thing that they didn’t want to shy away from how ugly either circumstance is – because they didn’t want to glorify any of it by making it arty. (They also included comprehensive warnings at the start of each of those episodes so you were forewarned)

NickiPower
    Participant

Seriously, @ElleBelle I think that Ethel is going to play a BIG part in Riverdale somewhere. I just get that feeling…. Does anyone else feel the same? 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Latest binge… Dear White People. I started it yesterday, and accidently watched all of it. I laughed less than I expected, but was still thoroughly amused for all 10 episodes.

NickiPower
    Participant

@MsBlueStreak Netflix recommended that one to me but haven’t started it yet.

I did just binge watch the entire second season of LOVE last weekend. I dunno what it is about that show, it’s super awks but I can’t stop watching! 

Did anyone catch this week’s ep of Riverdale??? :astonished: :astonished:

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@NickiPower I think Netflix was recommending that to everyone. I decided what the hell, because I was in need of a new show anyways.

I actually had fun laughing along whilst totally not missing the serious point they were raising about race relations (and the ability of the privileged to bulldoze right over it in the name of stupid issues).

walk_on_walls
    Participant

@NickiPower As in, do you think Ethel killed Jason? I put my money on Miss Grundy and I’m keeping it there.

NickiPower
    Participant

@walk_on_walls I’m not sure where you are in the series but it appears Ethel hasn’t reappeared, I dunno – I think there will be a second storyline. It just seems weird that it seemed like she was all chummy with Chuck post-spa incident. 

walk_on_walls
    Participant

@nickipower I just finished the last two eps on the weekend. It looks like there will be a season 2, so maybe Ethel will have a bigger role there. In the comics, she has a crush on Jughead – that would interesting to see.

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Finished Season 3 of Schitts Crk in the last few days with the lady – was pretty good although as with a lot of American shows the concept is wearing thin. Also watched the new BFG last night – pretty good but not much happened compared to the book as I remember it!

NickiPower
    Participant

Why can’t we have season 2 now?? The ability to binge watch TV shows has ruined my regular TV watching experience @walk_on_walls!! You totally may be onto something there! 

walk_on_walls
    Participant

I’m hooked on Master of None at the moment (heart-warming humour). @NickiPower Give it a try if you’re looking for something new (only 2 seasons to binge on though!)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.