Careers - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Careers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant
    Speaking of careers. is anyone doing or studying something they wanted to do when they were in like primary school? Because I know I am so definitely not lol
    jackh
    Participant

I’m not a train driver, so no @mak_trouble891

ElleBelle
    Participant

Hahahah I love hearing about what kids want to be when they “grow up” @jackh. I was going to be a marine biologist (because every girl was) then join the air force, an archaeologist, a band manager, a radio presenter. 

jackh
    Participant

Wow that’s your life planned out @ElleBelle

jackh
    Participant

@unknown what work do you do 

unknown
    Participant

hi everyone 🙂

@jackh  im a full time carer

NickiPower
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 I totally am not – I wanted to be an actress, then a lawyer, then a criminal psychologist (until I realised that I couldn’t handle the sight of blood). I did consider becoming a nurse too. 

jackh
    Participant

@NickiPower I don’t deal well with injuries either – even though I’m big on my sport. I pray that no kid ever breaks a bone while I’m working because I’ll probably pass out. 

jackh
    Participant

Wow that’s hard work @unknown 

Kit
    Participant

Omg yes @ElleBelle – marine biologist. Like what a random profession to be aware of, right? And zero concept of how to achieve said profession. 😀

ElleBelle
    Participant

I’m pretty sure we all thought a marine biologist just got to go swimming and play with dolphins all day @Kit 😀

jackh
    Participant

DOnt they?… 

ElleBelle
    Participant

Haha strangely enough I have a friend who is a marine biologist @jackh, and he studies algae. Spendng all day examining slimy pond scum doesn’t seem quite as exciting as swimming with dolphins. 

jackh
    Participant

Oh they say you change careers 11 times in your life, that career is out 

NickiPower
    Participant

That’s interesting @jackh! 11 times? And I wonder what considers a “career” – is it a line of work, or job focus?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.