discharge - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health discharge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    unknown
    Participant

Yeah i found it 

I cant put it in my house either otherwise ill get 1001 questions abou it and im already embarrassed enough about it

Im alreadh walking around with what feels  like im wetting myself

unknown
    Participant

@Nurse_Nettie is there  a thing caused by being too wet? 
    I know people can get itchy from  being dry  but what about being too wet 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@unknown I used to be all embarrassed about this stuff (tampons and pads were for hiding away etc) but I gave up caring. It’s really just another body wash (I actually have a not completely used bottle in my shower now, and all my female friends know they can raid the bottom drawer of the bathroom cabinet if they need)

But if you’re terribly embarrassed and not ready for others to see, just put it in a cupboard and take it with you when you get in the shower, dry it off and put it away after your done.

unknown
    Participant

Yeah at the moment im living with my mother and sisters one being a teenager  
    Yeah imagine those reactions @MsBlueStreak 
    Sanitary  items dont bother me but a wash or wipes would

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@unknown if you’re sisters have been provided the right advice about caring for down-there (and women of all ages should have that information), then they should know that normal soaps are not the go. The wash isn’t just for ‘problems’, so it shouldn’t be indicative of anything other than you taking care of yourself.

unknown
    Participant

i dont know @MsBlueStreak

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@unknown, thanks for getting back. Have you seen my blog on vaginal discharge? It may give you a little more info about what’s normal or not. I can’t recommend Vagasil as I can’t find any proof it works. There’re many vaginal ‘hygiene’ products available that are similar too. What’s vaginal pH? It’s a measure of whether discharge is acidic or alkaline. Normal vaginal discharge is 3.8 to 4.5 (slightly acidic).  If  BV is present then pH can be higher than this (more alkaline).
    Sometimes candida or thrush may occur if the vagina is too wet or the healthy bacterial in the vagina becomes unbalanced (it’s not an STI). As well as a discharge, this infection may cause vaginal itchiness.  If you want to check it further call 1800 451 624 ( you might speak to me 🙂 ) or book an appointment at Family Planning.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@Nurse_Nettie not to highjack @unknown’s thread…

I’ve had two doctors recommend Vagasil to me based on my being on diabetes medication that flushes excess glucose through my urine (which they informed me puts me at risk for regular thrush infections that my body may not be able to handle on its own).  Their recommendations were that when my sugar is high, or if I’ve got continuing or back to back infections, Vagasil may be helpful. Was this information somehow incorrect?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@MsBlueStreak no problems. Vagisil cream is mainly a local anaesthetic and skin antiseptic. It numbs the skin (relieving itch).  Was the information incorrect? It depends on what its being used for. In your situation it sounds like it was to relieve symptoms. It may be good to ask your doctor if using antifungal creams (when you have a yeast infection) is more or less better to treat the infection rather than symptoms.   

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

It was actually the wash that was recommended @Nurse_Nettie (in addition to using actual thrush treatment creams as required). I was told that the glucose could be introducing bacteria at rates that my body won’t naturally be killing off, leading to potential for thrush.

I don’t use it all the time (I’ve been on the diabetes medication for nearly 2 years now), but if I’ve had a hard to kill off case of thrush, I’ve found it helpful.

unknown
    Participant

your not hijacking at all @msbluestreak

im glad im not the only one

unknown
    Participant

@nurse_nettie
    i really dont like making phones calls- a phobia of mine
    hmm i dont want to use vagisil if its not going to work
    whats strange though is shes ‘guessing’
    i had a pap smear and std tested a few weeks ago ad it all came back clear and showed no signs of infections at all
    i havent had a look at your blog but i will thanks
    if i still after reading that dont think its normal do you think i should get rechecked by a sexual health nurse?

unknown
    Participant

ok so ive had a look at your discharge blog @Nurse_Nettie
    it seems i have the ovulation phase almost all the time at the moments its the same as the ovulation phase but also has like white blobs in it as well
    could an infection have occured in the few weeks i already had the pap test done?
    cause it might be the ovulation phase but gee there is alot! i change my underwear 3 if not more times a day if i dont wear a liner as its really wet

and also im due for my period in a few days so wouldnt ovulation be finished by now and it shouldne be a constant ovualtion cycle-

unknown
    Participant

this itching is driving me nuts!

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Very glad that you found it helpful @MsBlueStreak. Recurrent thrush is commonly associated with diabetes & it sounds like you have it under control.

@unknown, because you’ve got ongoing symptoms I think visiting a doctor at a Family Planning clinic may help. Sexual Health Clinics are really focused on STIs and you’ve already ruled that out so I wouldn’t recommend going there.  

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.