edging - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships edging

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    jackh
    Participant

what is edging and why do I feel like this is something I’m supposed to already know about? 
    I feel like I have heard the term heaps but never really thought about what it is and not payed any attention and now I’m like err should I know 

Kit
    Participant

Ooh interesting question. Are we talking about rimming?

jackh
    Participant

If you’re refer to the type of oral sex I don’t think so @Kit 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

As far as I am aware, edging is when a man ‘stops’ himself from climaxing so he can go longer to help the female reach climax in a hetero sexual encounter. Think some people pinch the bottom of their penis or just stop for a bit to allow this – not something I have tried to be honest

jackh
    Participant

Ohhh ok @CloakOfAsh

ElleBelle
    Participant

You’re not alone @jackh, I’ve only heard of it in passing. Sounds like an advanced manouver to me, but an appreciated one if your partner takes a long time to get off 🙂

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I know it to have the same meaning that @CloakOfAsh said. I heard about it through the TV show Orange is The New Black. It’s actually a funny plot point.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo I too heard about it first through television shows; most recently an episode of Mom.

NickiPower
    Participant

I never knew that – but I feel now that I know I’ll hear it everywhere! I’m surprised that it was mentioned on an episode of Mom @MsBlueStreak – it’s a good thing that sex is being discussed (hopefully) normally. 

jackh
    Participant

Is edging something people do for masturbation 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Hey @jackh it’s not something I’ve participated in so I’m not speaking from experience here.

But I guess you could, given edging is the concept of edging up to an orgasm but backing away before it happens (to prolong the experience and enjoyment). And if it was something you enjoyed, doing it with masturbation could help you learn the control side required to do it with a partner.

Anonymous

The user and all related content has been deleted.

jackh
    Participant

@curious hmm yeah, i guess girls could do it too 

Anonymous

The user and all related content has been deleted.

NickiPower
    Participant

@jackh I would expect that people would do this while masturbating too, just to prolong the experience

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.