Forever alone on V-Day? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Forever alone on V-Day?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Kit
    Participant

Naw <3 <3

A Forever Alone, but I like it nonetheless. It’s a lovely reminder, I understand it has origins in charming, love-enabling roots, and anyone who calls it a ‘Hallmark holiday’ is not the kind of person I want in my life (in my experience they’re also big cheapskates and severely lacking an affectionate bone in their body!).

Love to you all o:)

walk_on_walls
    Participant

@Kit Agree with you about people who call it a ‘Hallmark Holiday’ – though I’ve not heard it expressed so bluntly!

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@walk_on_walls  – my not so little anymore brother refers to Valentines, Mother’s, and Father’s days as Hallmark Holidays (and has since he was a kid).

In someways I’d think it’s an excuse for his broke self to be cheap… but he’s actually incredibly generous in other ways – he just doesn’t like holiday gift buying.

Kit
    Participant

@MsBlueStreak Yes! A former partner once gave me a potato…

Yes, I’m going to let that sink in.
    No, I’m not going to explain the ridiculous reasoning behind it.

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I gave a primary school gf a pac of tic tacs because it was all I could afford at the corner shop. She broke up with me and I only JUST made the connection she might have made with bad breath. oops.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

*drink spew* I don’t think I should have been drinking while reading that @CloakOfAsh

@Kit – a potato?! Is there some reference I’m missing?

Kit
    Participant

Naww @CloakOfAsh :'( You meant well

@MsBlueStreak It was the most ridiculous, long-winded, roundabout explanation but just comes down to what my above post refers to on ‘Hallmark holiday’. Safe to say I was not impressed with the whole debacle.

ariachris56
    Participant

Personally I love this day, it’s not necessary you have must a partner to celebrate this day, you can also celebrate this day with your mother, siblings, and friends because it’s an expressive day of love and we all love our parents so you can give them roses and flowers and tell them how much you love them, I am also single but I celebrate this day with my parents and siblings and give them gifts and flowers, in fact, I started my valentines shopping from Valentine’s Day Coupons, I hope you also will bring gift for your parents.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.