Hobbies - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Hobbies

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    champagnepapi

*not trying to

ElleBelle
    Participant

Pinterest is my weakness @tea 😀
    Here are a couple of my IKEA hacks. I turned a bookcase into a mid-century-esque tv unit with gluing some stained plywood around it and adding turned legs. The bottom one I’m currently working on, hacking the ultra cheap RAST dresser into a bedside table by screwing in a shelf and adding a fabric accent to the back.

teatea

@champagnepapi 4 classes for $4????? Woah, where? Let us know how it goes! 🙂

@ElleBelle goals tbh, do you need to sand down anything when you’re upcycling? 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@champagnepapi ooo barre class, let me know how it is!
    @ElleBelle Cuuuuuuute!

CookieMonster
    Participant

@ElleBelle you should try Aerial Yoga (or antigravity yoga). It is awesome!! if you lived in Sydney I would make you come try it at the studio I work at!!

@tea Sydney Pole on Parra Rd is awesome!!! I highly recommend that place! otherwise if you want to travel a bit;
    – Miss Fit Dance Studio,  Saint Peters
    – Achieve Pole Studio, Mascot
    – Bobbies, on Elizabeth St in the City
    – The Pole Parlour, Gladesville

PurplePurple

@tea I go to Sydney Pole and it’s the best one around in my opinion! Check it out, they offer free trial classes etc. 

ElleBelle
    Participant

@CookieMonster what is aerial yoga? It souns even more difficult than regular yoga!

@tea I usually don’t bother sanding down raw timber before painting. You definitely can’t paint over that laminate finish that tons of IKEA stuff is made from. It always chips off.

CookieMonster
    Participant

@ElleBelle
     copy and pasted from my studio’s webpage

Anti Gravity Yoga is a new age fitness regime available to everyone from all walks of life. It has been designed to increase overall health, flexibility, and well being whilst also having some fun! In our anti gravity yoga fundamentals course you will learn the foundations and expand your awareness of your body along with learning and mastering deep hip openings, inversions, core stabilisation techniques, and overall fitness regimens. This course is designed for a full body workout but also has relaxation and balance components incorporated into the program. Anti Gravity Fundamentals is designed for all fitness levels and ages. No previous yoga experience is required to begin taking these classes. Learn how to fly today with our professionally qualified instructors and techniques from the world famous Christopher Harrison curriculum at Poletique Fitness Studio!

if you want to see more 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phDRJwRGtfM 

or TDLR: you use a hammock to help you move though the various yoga poses 

ElleBelle
    Participant

Ooh that looks like fun! I’ll put it on my list of things to try 🙂

teatea

@CookieMonster @jessica ooo maybe i’ll go to a trial at syd pole!

Also definitely want to try out that aerial yoga!!

CookieMonster
    Participant

@tea
     Syd Pole do Aerial Yoga as well !!

teatea

Omg they do??? @CookieMonster I’m definitely in!! I’ll have to wait another month to start up though because I’m getting a new tattoo tomorrow and it’s not good to exercise with a fresh wound 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.