Learning to drive - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Learning to drive

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Uhhhh only about 76! Appreciating the encouragement! 🙂 🙂

NickiPower
    Participant

You can do it @Aunt_Flo!! :smiley:

EarthMamaEarthMama

How are you going with your driving @Aunt_Flo ?? Your story really resonated with me! I am of the same age, and have the same fears. Trying to push through those last three hours… Anyone have any tips for P’s test anxiety? :/

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Hey @EarthMama! Well, the 120 hours – they’re done! They’re dusted! I’m fine-tuning things like parking and then I’m good to go. Unfortunately, they don’t do testing on weekends, so I’ve got to have a day off work soon to sit down and take the test.

I’m also pretty nervous about it! 

EarthMamaEarthMama

Hello @Aunt_Flo !! This is so exciting for you! You’ve put in the hard work- so I’m sure it just comes down to trusting yourself and your instincts!
    Please let me know how you go when you take the test! I will be following in your footsteps 🙂

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Will do! It’s next week – eep!

NickiPower
    Participant

OMG @Aunt_Flo!!!! You’re going to do amazing on your test! 

Kit
    Participant

Omg good luck/how did you go @Aunt_Flo??

PurplePurple

Hi Aunt_Flo, I’m exactly the same – 22 years old and still on my Ls. I have so much anxiety about driving and to be honest I’m just not ready to drive at all, I hope I get there one day though. Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone. I really hope you aced your test! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@Kit it’s this Thursday – like in four days. I’m soooo nervous. Especially since a horrible report on young drivers and old cars came out today – my car is 1994. :/ But, trying not to let that get to me!

Thanks @jessica! I’ve met a lot more people our age, as well as older who don’t have their license either! The anxiety about driving is a big reason why I didn’t learn at the usual time. Right now, the practicality of driving is far outweighing the stress, though! 

Kit
    Participant

Omg yes, I was practising in my old car and doing the test in a fancy power-steering car was such a revelation! Lol

Hope you found a way to ease the nerves x

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Update: totally passed!  B) B) B) B) B) B)

EarthMamaEarthMama

@Aunt_Flo SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! Any tips??

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@EarthMama thank you! Practice parking, and just relax I’d say! You’re allowed to make small errors and you can ask questions as you’re going along.

Kit
    Participant

YAY!!! Go you!! B) 😀 Well done @Aunt_Flo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.