Marriage Equality Postal Survey - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Marriage Equality Postal Survey

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 I worry what will happen if the “No” vote gets up…

But I have faith in the sheer number of people who registered to vote just for this (unlike with Brexit, the younger generations won’t be staying home in protest only to let the Boomers xenophobia win).

Kit
    Participant

Absolutely agree @mak_trouble891. It seems so harmful to bring it all up for others to discuss and when there’s no guarantee that a vote will do anything anyway… There’s a lot of disillusioned people that will probably need support.
    Starting the hugs off!

<3 H U G ! <3

ElleBelle
    Participant

For anyone who is feeling distressed or angry during the marriage equality debate, particularly within the LGBTIQ+ community, ACON have a really good resource on staying strong and accessing support.

DeftRat
    Participant

Thanks for this @ElleBelle. This is really important. I haven’t seen a lot of the against argument, but I am not a Facebook user so I think that has had a lot to do with it, but I am sure that a lot of other people are experiencing the against rhetoric very close and very loud that need something like this.

teatea

Looks like the postal vote is 100% going ahead! On a positive note, I’ve seen a ton of big companies (such as Lush) being involved in positive yes campaigning for the plebiscite, which is reassuring considering the coverage they have nationally (and maybe also another good reason to shop at places like Lush)!  😉

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I think we will see a great strong YES campaign including huge corps. That is a great asset too @ElleBelle

Kit
    Participant

Love it. Thanks for sharing @ElleBelle

MintMilanoMintMilano

Did anyone in Sydney or Brisbane go to the YES rallies yesterday? I went to the one in Sydney and they had to shut down Town Hall station because there was so many people there! It was great to see such a fantastic turn out and so much support  🙂

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@MintMilano I am sick so I stayed home in bed but I had a lot of friends who did and it looked really powerful. My favourite was a placard that read “if a straight white male is protesting then things must be bad”. I thought that was brilliant!

MintMilanoMintMilano

@CloakOfAsh sorry to hear you’re sick. That placard is hilarious though, I wish I’d seen it! there were a lot of good ones around. There were some funny ones featuring Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street that I loved. 

HoneyPot

I went yesterday as well @MintMilano and there were so many good signs and so many cute dogs and SO MANY humans! Was so awesome to see! I think my fav sign was carried by an older mum that said “Only I get to choose who my son can marry!” Was so cute :p :p

ElleBelle
    Participant

There were some politician “Burn Book” posters which tickled my fancy!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

i wanted to go but wasn’t able to. 
    Thanks for the hug @Kit you’re right, so many are gunna need them ❤️ 

peachy
    Participant

@MintMilano I was there too! The atmosphere was so positive. It was so sweet seeing so many supportive heterosexual couples with their kids there too. @ElleBelle omg I loved those burn book posters so much ahaha 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant
    I didn’t make the rallies (things to do and stuff) 🙁 🙁

Quick piece of advice to all…. don’t post photos of your ballot that include the barcode.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.