Masturbation and Shopping for sex toys - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Masturbation and Shopping for sex toys

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

How old were you when you first visited an adult sex shop? I am curious as to people’s thoughts on masturbation and sex toys. I didn’t get my first vibrator until I was 20/21 and this was more because I was led to believe that girls didn’t masturbate (oh how wrong I was). Now I have a nice collection lol

ElleBelle
    Participant

I was 18 and had been watching a lot of Sex and the City and was determined to get myself a Rabbit. Then I saw that they cost more than I earned in a week and decided against it. I still felt super embarrassed and it was a male shop assistant so I didn’t want to ask him questions about the different types. It’s the glorious internet age now though, you can read reviews and shop online 🙂

pommygirl21
    Participant

i was 19 with my boyfriend

Big_Mama
    Participant

I was 25. Sex shops are illegal back home. I did manage to get my hands on my first vibrator when I was about 21. 

Lube_Man
    Participant

18. im a regular and pick up all my condoms, lube and toys from sex stores!

The_Beep
    Participant

I think I was about 15 actually (or definitely under 18). And I remember being horrified at all the different shapes and colours.
    and sizes. the sizes really scared me 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’ve actually never been! I’ve been meaning to, but the most intimidating thing for me is the prices. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

@ElleBelle I can relate to you totally. When I first got mine there was only a male shop assistant working. I was with a friend at the time so that made me feel a little more comfortable. But I was still so embarrassed. He even offered to try one of them out on my hand, I nearly died with embarrassment lol

Zah
    Participant

I was 20, and went with some friends in the midst of a pretty sloppy night out in the city. I wish I could say it was fun but there’s honestly a lot of confronting stuff to process when you’re far from sober! As with everything else I’m way more into online shopping.

walk_on_walls
    Participant

An adult store owner once gave me a run-down of his whole store, and a few things stuck with me.

1. People do buy those giant dildos. The human body is an amazing thing.
    2. The exact same vibrators are often put in different packaging to market to guys or girls.
    3. Penis pumps actually work. Which always reminds me of Austin Powers!

Curiosity
    Participant

I think I was 18 and my friend took me through the district in Canberra where there are a collection of the shops. Was too intimidated to even consider buying anything in front of my friend or the store attendant.

Kit
    Participant

Well this is some next level stuff

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Wow! @Kit that really is next level, but actually kinda cool. It would be interesting to try while doing the reading part I think.

EggplantEmoji
    Participant

My boyfriend got me a vibe when he moved away for a year! Makes long distance more bearable ;p 

NickiPower
    Participant

In all honesty thank goodness for Honey Birdette, no need to visit those run down, back of an industrial park, intimidating adult stores! 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.