The fun stuff
NSW Government

Home Forums Sexual Health What’s your favourite sex toy?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  LunaL 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

HappyHooHah
    Participant

There doesn’t seem to be much talk about sex toys.. I think people are still nervous about talking about them perhaps?
    Good ones can be expensive so you want to look after them and keep them clean!!!

I found these useful tips on Buzzfeed and thought it was worth a share.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/long-live-your-vibrator?utm_term=.rqvmyxnzA4#.wt8XdNz32R

Whats your favourite sex toy and how do you keep it clean?

Me? I have a WeVibe which is great fun with a partner. They can even control it from overseas using an app 🙂
    I use water and a tiny bit of sensitive soap to keep it clean.. Oh and don’t forget to charge them if they are powered… nothing worse than getting in the mood and then having to wait for the thing to charge haha

Aunt_Flo
    Aunt_Flo

I’m still in the process of finding my favourite one. I have a few butt plugs and a rabbit vibrator which I’m getting fond of. I bought some really nice toy cleaner when I bought the toys. It smells like tea tree oil and is really easy to use. 

Batteries are such a pain when it comes to sex toys! 

peachy

I love my mini hitachi wand! It’s so cute but also the most powerful thing I’ve ever used! And it’s USB rechargeable so no more batteries yay! I’ve got to admit I’m not as good at cleaning my toys as I should be because I live with my parents and I can’t just let it dry by the dishes ahaha. But when I do I just use warm soapy water. 

HoneyPot

Loving this thread! And that article had some awesome tips 🙂 
    Hard to choose a fav, but I think at the moment it’s my “Womanizer” which is unlike any other sex toy I own as it uses air pressure rather than vibrations for clit-focused stimulation. Also have to mention my long-time love and reliable pal, “GiGi” by Lelo. They make beautiful sex toys. I like glass ones too, they are just so pretty!

HappyHooHah
    Participant

Air pressure!! SO intriguing!!! Just looked it up and I love the look of the one that is a secret lipstick haha I would feel like a sex spy with a cool kit!

Purple
    Purple

I’m really keen to start using toys that are rechargeable, I don’t know if it’s just because I’m technologically inept but when my rabbit runs out it takes me about fifteen minutes to work out which way to put in the new batteries 

Recently bought this and it’s pretty great! http://www.maxblack.com.au/content_common/pr-tenga-iroha-max-black-adult-store_tenga-for-women-iroha-sakura-vibrators-max-black-adult-shop.seo

Aunt_Flo
    Aunt_Flo

@honeypot I was looking at some Lelo ones but they’re pretty pricey – worth it? 

Aunt_Flo
    Aunt_Flo

@purple that’s so cute as well! 

HoneyPot

It totally depends on what you’re into @aunt_flo 🙂 FunFactory is a brand similar to LeLo (in that the products look great, are body safe and have a number of modes usually, in face I’ve found FunFactory has a “sibling” product for most LeLo products!) but they are cheaper! I do think they don’t feel as good and I’m more into the actual vibrations that LeLo has, but if you want something cheaper but still good they are a great option!
    I do think you really get what you pay for with sex toys, with vibrating toys, often the more you pay the quieter they are which can be a big factor for a lot of people. 

EarthMama
    EarthMama

@purple THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME! I had such a sad last week because my little vibrator was on the last drips of the battery and it kept quietly vibrating for a minute and then stopping. I am embarrassed to admit how long it took me to be like…’Oh! Batteries!’
    I am still on my first sex toy- which is a small vibrator in the shape of a penis- I wouldn’t really call it a dildo. I have a lot of love for it though- has not failed me yet! 🙂

tea
    tea

I really want to get a WeVibe @happyhoohah !! I love the idea of being able to control a sex toy without holding it.

I loveeeee anything Tenga makes, plus they’re usually extremely cute and decorative. Good statement pieces for the coffee table! I’ve been wanting to branch out and try new things but every time I go to a sex shop I get so overwhelmed with how much STUFF there is??? Talking to the shop people doesn’t help narrow things down either (I usually end up just having a million more questions!!)

Aunt_Flo
    Aunt_Flo

I’m interested in testing out something like this. Even if it’s not the greatest sex toy, at least it’ll still look cool.

Purple
    Purple

I just bought this the other day! https://www.lovehoney.com.au/product.cfm?p=31710
    It arrived the day after I bought it, and it’s really amazing. Something like 17 different settings and worth the $.

stephaniaaaah
    stephaniaaaah
    Keymaster

I really love the idea of a USB rechargeable gold plated necklace @aunt_flo – who cares if it doesn’t work well – so pretty to look at!

@purple – So many settings! 🙂

I’m definately interested in buying something that is rechargeable or investing in rechargeable batteries, I’ve still got a small vibrator I purchased four years ago for around maybe $50 so I don’t think you need to spend a huge amount of money

tea
    tea

OH MY GOD @aunt_flo that is the most beautiful vibrator I’ve ever seen??? Top statement piece tbh

@purple love a good rabbit, i’ve been really loving a similar piece lately (only 7 settings but wow are they powerful!!!!) best part is a friend bought it for me hehehe I love sex-posi friends!!!!

@stephaniaaaah woah 4 years old? what a trooper!! I hope mine can last that long,,,pun intended? (not really, i’d die omg)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search