Get to Know Your Schoolies Superhero!
The most epic week of your life has arrived. You have just finished the HSC and you’re ready to let your hair down on Schoolies! But before your trip starts, there is someone I’d like to introduce you to that will help you Play Safe during the celebrations.
- I’m sure you’ve heard it all before, “wrap it before you tap it”, “no glove, no love”, the list goes on… But condoms honestly are the best protection against STIs and at the same time prevent unplanned pregnancies
- No other contraception protects you from STIs
- Do you remember year 10 health class when you had to put the condom on the banana? Well it’s time to brush up on your skills because condoms are most effective when used correctly. Take those few extra moments to ensure it’s on properly and remember the lube!
- STIs don’t always have symptoms – so you can’t tell who has one. Trust is important, but STIs can affect anyone.
- If you’re not planning on having sex, it’s still a good idea to carry condoms. You could use one to waterproof your phone, use one as an instant glove if you drop something in the loo, carry water in it or if you need to protect your shoes or feet (emergency condom socks anyone?!)
…See condoms can keep you safe in loads of situatios.
Be sure to carry condoms while you are on schoolies and know how to use them.
And if it does break – don’t panic. See a GP or pharmacist for emergency contraception, and STI testing when you get home is no dramas. We’ll tell you more about that another time. If you want to know more or have questions before you go ask Nurse Nettie.
I’m speaking from personal experience here, so definitely check out the links listed below for a deeper explanation on condoms, STI testing and much more.
Thanks to Amy – a schoolies traveler from Unleashed Grad Trips for introducing us to this superhero!
And most of all, remember to Play Safe on Schoolies!
Sign up with your email address
Signup to receive info on comps, events and other updates.