Awesome spots to hang/chill/talk/drink/eat in Sydney? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Awesome spots to hang/chill/talk/drink/eat in Sydney?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lube_Man
    Participant

So great news….I’m moving to sydney for my day job (yes believe it or not…I am not a Slippery Superhero during the day)!

Even though I know the city as a tourist….what are the best local things to do?! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

How exciting! What suburbs are you moving near?

Lube_Man
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo….im thinking….CBD :love:

-_-
    Participant

Yay!! @Lube_Man that’s so exciting!! There is always so much fun arty stuff on in the city (at the moment it is the Sydney Film Festival) so worthwhile keeping an eye on those happenings as there are often loads of free things going on! I love Chinatown because you can get great eats for super cheap, and on George Street there are loads of great eateries.  I enjoy hanging out in Kinokuniya bookstore (the Galleries, opp QVB building) on rainy days and there is some super cheap sushi and great shopping around there too.. list is endless, I have only lived here for 6 months and feel I have barely scratched the surface!! 

blithe
    Participant

I really loved living in Newtown. But it’s been a long time since I lived there, it may not be really cool and alternative and queer and grungey anymore. But still worth checking out, it’s very close to the city. 🙂

The_Beep
    Participant

how exciting @Lube_Man!!
    there are really cool food places in the inner west, depending on what type of atmosphere you like there are places like blue ginger (balmain) and la mint (surry hills) for more fancy pants food.
    otherwise you can’t go wrong with the amazing burger selection like burger daddy in newtown, burgers by josh (I think its changed places now) marys in newtown.. um what else, ooh there is this fab gelato place in marrickville on the corner of marrickville road that does baklava flavoured gelato!! 

and there are lots of chilled out bars in darling harbour if you want have a drink and relax! 

Zah
    Participant

Yayyy Sydney! Even with the lockout laws and ridiculous rent, it’s a pretty neat place to be. Mary’s in Newtown does the best burgers/ grungey vibes, and Bar Racuda and the Midnight Special are awesome spots to drink on Enmore Rd. I like The Captain Cook Hotel and Vic on the Park for drinks and good music minus the crowd of wankers, and the Soda Factory is fun too. You’ll pretty much always run into someone you know in Camperdown Park, and if you’re a morning person (or an all night person?) you can watch the sun come up at Circular Quay from the international terminal- pretty magic. Sunday Dub Club at Sydney Park is daggy as but it’s a pretty fun place to chill with a couple of friends, and Artbar at the MCA is always good too. Gould’s Books in Newtown, the Tempe Salvos and Rozelle markets on a Sunday are all good too if you like other people’s weird old junk. Best of luck with the new job!

walk_on_walls
    Participant

I’m seconding Kinokuniya, great place to browse, hang out, and eat the famous Strawberry Watermelon cake.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I second @Zah’s comment on Mary’s and everyone else’s on Newtown! <3 Glebe is super good as well (Brewristas, Flying Fajita Sisters, Glebe markets).

Lube_Man
    Participant

Amazing! This is fab!
    Now the hard part…finding a place!

teatea

How did you go with the move @Lube_Man? Did you find any cool hangout places that you like?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.