Book recommendations for body positivity and self worth - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Book recommendations for body positivity and self worth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    -_-
    Participant

I’ve just finished reading Women Don’t Owe You Pretty by Florence Given and it’s given me such confidence in myself and my worth. She talks about everything from sex and relationships to valuing yourself as an individual rather than seeking validation from others through dating and having a significant other. She is AMAZING!

I’m now on a mission to fill my bookcase with similar reads. Any suggestions?

teatea

Oh good recommendation @YogiGirl !

“Doing It” by Hannah Witton might be a good pick for you? Similar themes to the one by Florence. I also enjoy anything written by Clementine Ford, I always feel empowered reading her books!

A more, science-based read which I 10/10 love is “Bonk” by Mary Roach. I did buy this initially for the cover art, but turns out the inside is good too haha

-_-
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions @tea! I’ve just started ‘Come As You Are” by Emily Nagoski and it’s so so good! All about understanding your body and realising you are totally normal. I’m finding it really empowering!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.