Books in Iso - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Books in Iso

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    EarthMamaEarthMama

I have a brilliant book recommendation from isolation- Untamed by Glennon Doyle. I cried the whole way through with the utter truth of it and critics are discussing it as the modern feminist manifesto. It is raw and thought-provoking and really lights a fire in your belly. I could not have loved it more.

Anyone else read a great book in iso?

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

Thanks for the recommendation! I’ve been really wanting to get back into reading and right now is the perfect time.

Honestly, the only two books I own at the moment is Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis (the leader singer from Red Hot Chilli Peppers) and a book about the mind-gut connection. I would recommend Scar Tissue if you love a good auto-biography, it does talk a lot about drug use and addiction as a bit of a warning though!

PotPlant

@goldenrose Wow that sounds fascinating!

I’ve been reading Fabric of The Cosmos by Brian Greene. It’s a really good introductory book to a lot of different physics concepts. I’ve really been enjoying it as he spends a lot of time explaining one single concept and the significance of the concept which has been quite refreshing in comparison to physics text books from high school which sort of glaze over a concept. Definitely recommend!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’m reading the Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami right now. There’s plenty of unexpected twists driving the plot which I’m really enjoying, but a lot of the secondary characters (particularly women) are a little one dimensional, which takes away from things a little bit.

Next on my list is Minority Report by Philip K. Dick. I LOVE sci-fi!

EarthMamaEarthMama

Woo I am loving all these suggestions! I am very excited as I’ve just ordered a few books that have been highly recommended through the BLM movement. The one I am super excited for is a series of short stories compiled by an Australian woman named Anita Heiss. It is called ‘Growing up Aboriginal in Australia’.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.