Clothes and shopping - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Clothes and shopping

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’ve noticed that my clothing habits have changed lately. When the Iconic and ASOS were first introduced it felt like I was a lot more interested in buying new clothes and usually bought something at every sale.

Now, I think I’ve bought two things this year and have put off buying a new pair of shoes because I don’t want to waste money on a pair that will break in a few months.

When I do shop, I usually go to Uniqlo, Nique or a second hand store.

What are your clothes shopping habits like? What are your favourite stores?

teatea

I can’t remember the last time I bought a new item of clothing? I usually get gifted clothes from friends or family (often I’m too poor to buy anything anyway)! If I do get the chance to purchase something though, I go to a second-hand store because the clothes are just so much more,,, interesting to me? I’ve never been really interested in brands or current trends, just what makes me feel good and comfy!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I always find that second hand stores have a lot of different patterns, colour combos and fits that you don’t necessarily see in chains stores, so I find them more interesting as well!

PurplePurple

Interesting you should say this because I’ve noticed the same, I’m spending way less money on clothes lately. I love Uniqlo! Their stuff actually lasts and you can wear it with everything. My sense of fashion is very basic – I have eight (yes eight) turtlenecks in every colour which is my entire Winter wardrobe. I have three coats I wear on rotation. Definitely in need of some new summer tops – I really like Seed, Sportsgirl and of course eBay!

EarthMamaEarthMama

This is totally my experience too! Every now and again I feel as if the fashions are just not me…lately this has been happening a lot. Cotton On used to be my go-to, but now I am trying to avoid fast fashion, so I try to buy clothes at markets and through small businesses etc. obviously this is not foolproof!
    I have always struggled with shoe shopping too… how does one know if the shoe will ever get comfortable? 😀

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@purple I have a stack of basics too, including turtlenecks! You can’t go wrong with a good turtleneck.

Urgh @EarthMama. I’ve been procrastinating my shoe shopping. I don’t want to wind up spending $100+ on a pair of shoes that won’t even last a full year.

EarthMamaEarthMama

@aunt_flo- agreed!! Can we just bring bare feet back into fashion??

EarthMamaEarthMama

@aunt_flo- agreed!! Can we just bring bare feet back into fashion??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.