Confidence - in the bedroom - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Confidence – in the bedroom

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Nicky101
    Participant

Well said @Kit :smiley:

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@kindofsquishy that entire description sounds a lot like the scene in Eat, Pray, Love when Julia Roberts gives herself and her friend permission to buy new/bigger jeans so she can keep eating the pizza napoli (in Napoli, so why wouldn’t you), because what man turns down a naked lady ever.

That was actually seriously liberating to hear and consider for me. I’d never had huge hangups, but it has certainly helped me to remember to let all of them go and just be in the moment.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I had a chat with my partner recently about what turns him on @kindofsquishy and surprisingly its not the things that I would of thought. He likes my stretch marks, and he doesn’t even notice that my tummy jiggles…
    It was a good to understand what he likes on me, and to see how much of a critic I am of myself, when he doesn’t care all that much.  

Nicky101
    Participant

Thats great @mak_trouble891 i think sometimes we think of ourselves badly when in reality there is no problem. 

Kit
    Participant

This thread <3

kindofsquishy
    Participant

I asked my partner what he liked the most about my body and he replied with censored statement because it was very personal and explicit but you can get the idea lmao. It actually was a good reminder because I was starting to feel down on myself! 

ElleBelle
    Participant

When do you reckon the most comfortable time is to have a chat with your partner about what turns them on? Like, in bed when you’re just cuddling, or right after sex, or at the breakfast table? “So honey, what turns you on in bed? Please pass the toast.”

Kit
    Participant

Lol @ElleBelle 😀 Over toast or other more sensual food could take a different direction very quickly….

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Perhaps bringing it up in the lead up “hey could we try/ I really want to try / what do you think of x”. Your mind is probably ‘ready to go’ anyway and is likely not on other stuff. 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

With above in mind – a post show chat might help. “didn’t like when you did x” “how good was y” style talk

NickiPower
    Participant

@ElleBelle Wouldn’t it be better over toast? I’m just thinking that people may be anxious about discussing what they don’t/do like and you don’t want the anxiety association with the bedroom, it could lead to further performance problems… 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@NickiPower strokes for folks I think. Personally I compartmentalise so I wouldn’t want to talk about something like that over breakfast as it’s my time to organise my day etc

NickiPower
    Participant

@CloakOfAsh Yeah, I can totally see that! I’d probably be more inclined to talk about it on the weekend too, since it seems the weekends are less rushed! 

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.