Constant white vaginal discharge after fingering - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Constant white vaginal discharge after fingering

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rcbaket
    Participant

so I’m in my first ever serious relationship at 21 & have no intention as of yet, of having sex, however my boyfriend and I do a lotmof
    foreplay, particularl fingering. I am on the contraceptive pill Levlen, and generally always get a bit of discharge on a daily basis, however the day after he fingers me, I get a fair bit of white vaginal discharge, milky white and lotion like, it has never had an odour ever, no itching or swelling, just merely excessive discharge. Even though I know it’s probably the pill and arousal, wjat frustrates me so that the discharge has been going on for over a week from when we do stuff. I went to a doctor and she said it’s pretty normal but I kind of wanted her to take a look at it or swab it. Is into worth requesting a swab? I’m just self conscious about it as its kind of in stop every time we do something arousing. 

CookieMonster
    Participant

Hey @rcbaket

Welcome to play safe!!! 

I feel you, I get the same thing constantly and have always been told its normally and that because I’m on the pill I get more discharge than most, sometimes its super annoying and I feel so dirty and need to wear liners a lot but most of the time I try not to let it get to me. 

Don’t be self conscious about it it just means there is more lubrication which your bf prob loves! My bf loves the fact that I get ‘wet’ really easily as we don’t ever have to use Lube when we have sex/foreplay.

If you are really concerned about it and want some peace of mind sure get a swab taken but as @Nurse_Nettie will mostly likely agree it is pretty normal but people just don’t talk about it.   

stephaniaaaahstephaniaaaah
    Keymaster

Hi @rcbaket 
    You are right, vaginal discharge is pretty normal, even every day, though it can be frustrating I agree ! @nursenettie might have something to add about what’s normal 🙂 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hey @rcbaket I agree with @stephaniaaaah & @CookieMonster, most vaginal discharge is totally normal & healthy. Vaginal discharge keeps your vagina clean & perfectly in balance with protective bacteria. It lubricates the vagina to make friction during sexual activity pleasurable instead of painful. It helps sperm into your cervix when you’re fertile & blocks it when you’re not. Normal discharge  will change in amount & consistency day to day & at different times of your life as well. If you keep track of it every day you will start to notice some pretty consistent patterns though.  

You might like to check out this blog on normal vs abnormal discharge for a bit more detail, but what you’re describing sounds normal to me 🙂

HoneyPot

Hey @rcbaket ! Thanks for asking this question! I similarly started to notice a big change in the amount of discharge I was producing after I got my IUD put in. It’s also so awesome that you feel comfortable with your doctor to talk about this, and that you did all the right things by asking them about it when you noticed a change – I know I don’t always find that easy!
    I get what you and @CookieMonster are saying about feeling self conscious about the amount, i feel that sometimes too and wear liners sometimes. I wonder if anyone else has any tips on this? Maybe carrying some vaginal wipes in your handbag might maintain a fresher feeling? Or maybe period underwear could help? I am sometimes just like. Whoa. Thats a lot.
    ALSO! What nurse nettie said about tracking the fluid is cool too! Heaps of period apps (I use clue) have a function where you can track your vaginal discharge 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.