Differing Expectations // Double Standards - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Differing Expectations // Double Standards

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    CloakOfAsh
    Participant

My partner and I joke about body hair a fair bit between ourselves. She likes stay shaven (legs/pits etc) but get’s lazy about it. I am completely cool either way so the jesting is definitely just fun and games but if it worried her or she felt pressured we wouldn’t joke about it and I would certainly never joke to others about it.

NickiPower
    Participant

I’m the same @CloakOfAsh, my partner and I joke about each other’s laziness too 😀

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@CloakOfAsh that joking thing happens in this house too, but instigated by me or BF won’t participate.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

I’m just gonna leave this article from Knowable here for people to enjoy and discuss: http://www.knowable.com/a/showing-nipples-and-body-hair-men-and-women-share-the-most-ridiculous-things-th

teatea

@CloakOfAsh I was once told (by some much older men) that I should shave all of my pubic hair because sex would feel better and my boyfriend at the time would prefer it!! I previously didn’t shave or trim my hair at all so it was really bizarre to me to even groom there. I took the advice anyway and shaved EVERYTHING, and I didn’t like it tbh. 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@tea that really sucks. I really want to believe that this sort of generational gap stuff is fading out

teatea

@CloakOfAsh I think if different body types became more normalised then it wouldn’t be such a huge issue to see hair in places people normally would be grossed out by. 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.