Diseases - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Diseases

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    HHH
    Participant

How often should you go get tested for STIs? 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @HHH! This is a great question! Did you know that these days we call them ‘infections’ instead of ‘diseases’ because they are most likely curable? Isn’t that good news!

RoseHill
    Participant

Hi @HHH! Getting tested regularly for STIs is a good idea, especially if you’ve been having sex without a condom or with different partners. There is a quiz you can take on the Play Safe NSW Health website to check your level of risk and see if you should get tested! https://playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/could-i-have-sti

HHH
    Participant

Haha my bad I renamed it 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

I like your style @HHH !

walk_on_walls
    Participant

What if it’s itchy down there? Asking for a friend 🙂

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @walk_on_walls. Great to hear friends helping each other out! Ok if there’s an itch down there it could be a skin condition, like excessive dryness, dermatitis or thrush (candida). Some STIs can cause an itch like public lice, herpes, genital warts or molluscum contagiosum.  The best advice is to not wash with soap (some soaps are too perfumed or harsh for this delicate skin) for a while & wear loose clothing. The next step is to encourage the person get an STI check. All of these STIs can be treated.

walk_on_walls
    Participant

Molluscum contagiosum doesn’t sound like a lot of fun, does it? Seriously though, thanks for the info @Nurse_Nettie. I’ll pass it onto my friend 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.