End of Uni - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out End of Uni

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    CookieMonster
    Participant

OMG I am in the last week of my uni degree! last week of uni ever!!! *happy dances*

I am on struggle street to actually finish my last assignments and study for my last exams… argh people give me your tips of how you focus and not just procrastinate on facey all day/night haha

MintMilanoMintMilano

@CookieMonster congrats!! How come you’re finishing so early though? I still have 4 more weeks til my last assignment/exam.

The best thing I can suggest for studying is breaking things down into time increments rather than like, categories or content. Sit down and read for an hour rather than say, aim to read 2 chapters. If you have more achievable study goals you’re more likely to reach them and then stay motivated if you’re successfully reaching them. 

PurplePurple

So I’m studying psychology and when I start using Facebook I literally think “Do I want to spend my life on Facebook or do I want to be a psychologist?” Putting my long term goals in the present really helps me with staying motivated. Also the saying (I can’t remember who said it) “How we spend our days is of course, how we spend our lives.” That made me see things quite differently! 

PurplePurple

Also good luck with their exams everyone! 

CookieMonster
    Participant

@MintMilano I go to WSU and we start earlier than other uni’s. So this week is my final week of classes then I have stuvac next week then exams start the following week!

Thanks for the great tip I will def try to do that!!!

and @jessica so simple but so brilliant… no I don’t want to spend my life on Facebook!!! 

DeftRat
    Participant

Reward yourself when you’ve done certain tasks @CookieMonster. If there was a show that I couldn’t help but watch and was finding it was a good excuse to procrastinate I turned it into a reward once I’d done certain things.

Good luck with your last lot of assignments. Don’t fall into my trap, I signed up for Honours not long after finishing and then after that signed up to do a Masters. I can’t help but study lol

CookieMonster
    Participant

haha @DeftRat Def not doing masters but contemplating a cert 4 in fitness hahaha

Good idea about the rewards !!

teatea

I had my last day of classes for the semester on Tuesday but I still have an exam and 2 essays to do before I’m done for the year! I just want to sleep though….  :#

CookieMonster
    Participant

hahahaha yeah I have my exams this week and I feel so bad for not studying more -.- bad me but I just need to get through this week and hopefully pass everything even though I have NOT studied at all for my Thursday exam ekk 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.