Errections - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Errections

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Curiosity
    Participant

Why do some teenage boys get erections unexpectedly?

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@Nurse_Nettie do you want to take this one. (the internet has some fun answers – but we should probably start with less of the journalistic/blogger interpretation and more of the facts)

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Happy to jump in! Unexpected erections — we call them “spontaneous erections” are totally normal and can happen at any time in a man’s life, but are most frequent during puberty.  Why do they happen? It’s mostly due to the surging hormones that occur in puberty!

By the way, just as it can be normal to get erections when you’re not aroused, it’s also normal to feel sexual desire and not have an erection!  The body is a wonderful & sometimes uncooperative thing!  πŸ˜‰

Awesone489
    Participant

Yep its sure embarrasing though. Its like whoops its poking through again.

kindofsquishy
    Participant

I was really awful in high school with boyfriends and close friends – I used to think it was a funny challenge to make them get them in awkward situations. I now realise what a jerk move that was…. sorry boys!!!!

Awesone489
    Participant

No worries @kindofsquishy . From personal experience they just happen let alone trying to manage them. Simple things like vibrations on a bus can ‘activate’ it.

It always happens when you wake up in the morning and you have to wait awhile before you pee. :blush:

kindofsquishy
    Participant

I’m still pretty unaware of how that actually works, @Awesone489 – is it just like, no pee at all? Or no control over where it goes? I’ve seen some memes about guys lying down on top of the toilet to pee in the morning… that’s not actually a thing, right?  πŸ˜€

Awesone489
    Participant

No problem @kindofsquishy its basically no pee actually comes out when you go to the toilet. You have to wait for the erection to subdue. There must be some valve that turns of the uretha when we get an erection. 

NickiPower
    Participant

I wonder if @Nurse_Nettie can fill us in on why you can’t pee with an erection? @Awesone489 @kindofsquishy

Kit
    Participant

For some reason I thought this was in that anatomy quiz so I went and did the whole thing again… Nope!  πŸ˜€ Anyway, here’s the male quiz if you’re interested: http://community.playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/discussion/86

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Sure @NickiPower @Awesone489 @kindofsquishy! The urethra is a tube inside the penis that directs urine from the bladder as well as semen from the prostate & testes, to outside the body through the tip of the penis. The urethra has a valve that stops or blocks off one or the other, so boys can’t urinate (wee) and ejaculate (release semen) at the same time. πŸ™‚   

Awesone489
    Participant

Thanks @Nurse_Nettie now I know for sure. So would it still be possible to masturbate on a full bladder on the basis that the valve would shut of the urine for sometime untill the cum passed?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @Awesone489. Yes that’s right it is possible though sometimes a full bladder might be uncomfortable. It’s important to know everyone has different limits when it comes to sex and what feels pleasurable. 

Awesone489
    Participant

Thanks @Nurse_Nettie

RoseHill
    Participant

Curious… my boyfriend has told me he gets a body “shiver” when his erection is about to subside… is that a thing???

This came up when he was waiting for the “shiver” to know it was safe to leave my bedroom in case my housemates were home  πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.