Exercising on your period | Play Safe Forum Topics
The fun stuff
NSW Government
  • A
  • A

Home Forums Sexual Health Exercising on your period

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    teatea

UGH Does anyone else get MASSIVELY exhausted when they’re on their period?? I’ve heard exercising is supposed to help alleviate pain and that sort of thing, but I never have any energy to do anything! When I try to exercise on the first day of my period, I find it the absolute worst! Sometimes I even feel like I could pass out, but I’ll be well hydrated and fed!

Does anyone else get this too?

YogiGirl
    Keymaster

YES @tea! This week i’ve come on for the first time in 6 months and it’s like I’ve got all the exhaustion of 6 months at once. I tried to do a workout last night and it was virtually impossible as my body was so achey. I’m usually an early riser but had to snooze the alarm this morning (which I NEVER do) and have zero motivation. Glad to hear I’m not alone!

I do think hydration is important 🙂 Have you found anything else helpful to boost energy levels?

teatea

Yay for not being alone! Hydration is definitely key @yogigirl I try to increase my intake around my period. Hmm, boosting energy levels is still a mystery to me but I find changing the type of exercise I do when I’m on my period really helps! I usually climb as my exercise but I am way too tired to do that during my period so I try to walk or skate so at least I’m moving a bit. It really helps my cramps go away too!

YogiGirl
    Keymaster

I’m the same @tea. I try and mix up my workouts depending on my energy levels anyway but especially when I’m on my period. I’m a yogi (can you tell by the name haha) so i’d usually do a slower practice and take a few days off cardio. It’s hard though when you’re really in to exercise. I’m such a high energy person usually so it really knocks me back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search

Could I have an STI?