Exercising on your period - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Exercising on your period

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    teatea

UGH Does anyone else get MASSIVELY exhausted when they’re on their period?? I’ve heard exercising is supposed to help alleviate pain and that sort of thing, but I never have any energy to do anything! When I try to exercise on the first day of my period, I find it the absolute worst! Sometimes I even feel like I could pass out, but I’ll be well hydrated and fed!

Does anyone else get this too?

YogiGirl
    Keymaster

YES @tea! This week i’ve come on for the first time in 6 months and it’s like I’ve got all the exhaustion of 6 months at once. I tried to do a workout last night and it was virtually impossible as my body was so achey. I’m usually an early riser but had to snooze the alarm this morning (which I NEVER do) and have zero motivation. Glad to hear I’m not alone!

I do think hydration is important 🙂 Have you found anything else helpful to boost energy levels?

teatea

Yay for not being alone! Hydration is definitely key @yogigirl I try to increase my intake around my period. Hmm, boosting energy levels is still a mystery to me but I find changing the type of exercise I do when I’m on my period really helps! I usually climb as my exercise but I am way too tired to do that during my period so I try to walk or skate so at least I’m moving a bit. It really helps my cramps go away too!

YogiGirl
    Keymaster

I’m the same @tea. I try and mix up my workouts depending on my energy levels anyway but especially when I’m on my period. I’m a yogi (can you tell by the name haha) so i’d usually do a slower practice and take a few days off cardio. It’s hard though when you’re really in to exercise. I’m such a high energy person usually so it really knocks me back.

ackbarismail
    Participant

Yes, many people experience fatigue and exhaustion during their menstrual cycle. It’s a common symptom known as “menstrual fatigue” or “period fatigue.” The hormonal changes that occur during your period can contribute to feelings of tiredness and low energy levels.

While exercise can be beneficial for managing menstrual pain and improving overall well-being, it’s important to listen to your body and adjust your activities based on how you’re feeling. Exercising during your period might not feel the same as it does at other times of the month, and that’s perfectly normal.

If you find that exercising on the first day of your period is particularly challenging and makes you feel worse, you might want to try incorporating lighter activities such as stretching, walking, or gentle yoga. These exercises can help improve blood flow and reduce muscle tension without putting too much strain on your body.

It’s also crucial to prioritize self-care during your period. Make sure you’re getting enough rest, staying hydrated, and eating nutritious meals. Pay attention to your body’s signals and give yourself permission to take breaks and rest when needed.

When it comes to alleviating period pain, certain foods and nutrients may help. However, it’s important to note that individual experiences can vary, and what works for one person may not work for another. While soups can be a comforting and nutritious option, there isn’t scientific evidence to support the claim that specific soups can alleviate period pain.

I read this article https://goodhealthbyyourself.megawecare.com/7-soups-that-can-alleviate-period-pain/ long back ago that helped me maintaining a balanced and healthy diet throughout my menstrual cycle. Incorporating foods that are rich in nutrients such as iron, calcium, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids may be beneficial. These nutrients can be found in sources like leafy green vegetables, dairy or dairy alternatives, nuts and seeds, fatty fish, and whole grains.

If you’re experiencing significant discomfort, it’s recommended to consult with a healthcare professional who can provide personalized advice and recommendations based on your specific needs.

latachaudhary
    Participant

Exercise during Periods may help relieve symptoms and is also beneficial for overall health.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.