Facing rejection when dating - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Facing rejection when dating

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    YogiGirl
    Keymaster

I’ve recently started dating and while i’ve had some really nice dates and met a lot of interesting people, i’ve also been faced with some rejection. I went on a date with a guy who I clicked with immediately but after the date he gradually took longer to reply and I got the classic ‘I’m not ready for a relationship. You seem like a great person though!’ message.

I’m not looking for a relationship either and was really surprised and a little sad to get that as we got on so well.

What do you do to pick yourself up after a rejection? Need some empowerment and pick-me-up suggestions!

trayl_blayza
    Keymaster

Hey @yogigirl, I’m sorry to hear your experience, it sucks! It can be a bit of a minefield, or battleground dating rn. Its important to know what’s your stuff, and what’s the other person’s, so you can separate yourself from external negativity. This one is clearly the other guys!

I think its important to have your good self care techniques built in to your life, to help with experiences like this, but also support you and your well-being generally! I think it’s unfortunate when negative experiences like this turn you off, or build up barriers to being open to relationship. You’ll be able to read yourself when you’re right to explore opportunities, and when it might be right to pull back.

Good luck! 🙂

YogiGirl
    Keymaster

Thanks @trayl_blayza, you are so right! I think I just need to focus on myself right now. I’ve decided to buy a car and do some road trips so that will keep me entertained and get outdoors. I’m definitely learning a lot about myself being single so I feel like rather than looking for relationships it’s better to look for opportunities and meeting people along the way. Sometimes the best relationships start as friendships too 🙂

PotPlant

Hi @yogigirl

This is definitely the way to go! For 3 years I had casual dates with people time after time but either I was rejected or I didn’t click with them. I feel as though working on yourself can have nothing but a positive effect. My current partner that I’ve been with for 2 years I met after a spree of working on myself while also putting myself in situations (not necessarily dating events or anything like that) where you can meet new people. Best of luck to you!

RaincoatRaincoat

It sounds like it’s been a tricky time navigating the dating game @yogigirl sorry to hear that.

Would definitely agree with @potplant and @trayl_blayza ! As cliche as it sounds focus on you. Getting out there and having fun in different settings to the typical date environment is a great shout.

Don’t be discouraged by experiences like the ‘I’m not looking for a relationship’ line, at least you can focus your energy away from that person now and put it into cool new experiences and other potential people that will appreciate you (Sassy hair flick)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.