Festival Wishlist - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Festival Wishlist

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    curiousss

I realised i didn’t go to any music festivals last year!

Anyone know any good music festivals in Aus i should check out this year (preferably in NSW).

So far I want to go to Laneway and Splendour in the Grass!

Know any other good ones? Whats your favourite festival?

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

I think my favourite would have to be Mountain Sounds! It’s next month at the Central Coast, close to Gosford. Me and two friends went last year and had the best time, it’s sort of reminded me of a mini Splendour, the vibes and people there were so good! It was so much fun camping too and nice to be able to just walk back to your tent and chill out for a bit then heading back to see another artist 🙂

teatea

I just went to my FIRST EVER festival over Christmas!! It’s in QLD but I highly recommend taking the trip down. It’s a 6-day festival called the Woodford Folk Festival – though you don’t have to go the entire six days, it’s totally worth it. 10/10 loved ever part of it !!

Really excited for Laneway, my girlfriend has been the last 8 years and I’m going with her this year! Middle Kids is playing there and they’re one of my fave bands ever, so stoked!!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I went to Sydney City Limits and Good Things last year. Both were great! It doesn’t look like City Limits is running this year, but Good Things might. It’s really good if you’re into emo/rock music and you’re more interested in spending a day than camping overnight (it’s a one day festival).

Byron Bay Blues Fest is meant to be great, but I’ve never been.

-_-
    Participant

Look out for Down to Test at Mountain Sounds this year again @goldenrose ! such a great festival! I’ve heard that Woodford is soo much fun and a great sense of community there too @tea

OMG @aunt_flo I went to Unify Gathering in Tarwin Lower last weekend, was such a good emo/rock/hardcore festival! but the 14 hour drive was a killer. My buds rave about Good Things. Bluesfest in Byron is the best festival I’ve ever been too, so organised and some of the bests musicians in the world perform there. My dream destination would be South X SouthWest in Austin Texas one day…. (I’m dreaming now)

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

@stephaniaaaah I will keep an eye out! I think I remember seeing them there last year actually

teatea

How many Australian festivals host safe sex booths?

-_-
    Participant

@tea is that a question for me lol 🙂

Down to Test has been doing testing at 8 festivals a year in NSW (big and small) but I know that local teams and NGOs will do sexual health promotion at any festival they are able to get into! No idea what it looks like across the country but can find evidence of sexual health promotion happening at NSW festivals for the last 8-10 years.

teatea

@stephaniaaaah Just in general but also, you’re the best <3 wow 10 years!! that’s so amazing!

curiousss

Thanks everyone i’ll have to keep a look our for Down to Test – i love that the idea of doing a quick and easy STI test in the comfort of a festival rather then clinic with your friends around and then you get to use nice toliets and charge your phone yaaaasssss

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

@tea I recently went to FOMO in Parramatta and there was a stall set up there that was giving out free condoms to everyone 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.