First dates - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships First dates

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Let’s talk first dates! What’s your go-to first date venue or activity? What makes you want to go on a second date with someone? What are your first date dealbreakers that would stop a second date from happening?

-_-
    Participant

@aunt_flo such a great question!

I reckon there is something to be said about sharing an experience and I think doing something you can both talk about on a first date is the way to go. Rather than just staring awkwardly at each other across a drink.

An art gallery or exhibition
    Mini golf – Holey Moley in Sydney is a good call
    Paddle boarding, kayaking, tree top ropes….

Even just going to the beach and people watching the surfers

One of the best dates I’ve had in Australia was Coogee to Maroubra walk at sunset followed by a swim in Mahon Pool. Loads to talk about as there’s lots of cool stuff to look at, and it’s actually proven ( I remember reading it somewhere!) that walking side by side helps to create better conversation as it’s less awkward and full on.

(he ended up being a bit of a waste of space I found out after the third date, but the first date was great haha)

PurplePurple

Hi! Great question. Honestly first date always coffee or a quick lunch – I find that I know within the first ten minutes if I like someone (and they if they like me) so it’s best to just do something low key at first. I used to go on dinner or drink dates for the first date and you end up having to spend the entire night with someone you’re not really feeling. For the second one that’s when I love to spend more time with them, definitely something like an art gallery, a walk during the day or going out for dinner I think is nice! I probably wouldn’t go on a date with someone if I didn’t feel the chemistry quickly, or if the conversation didn’t flow – those are also two things I really look for when deciding to go on a second date or not. Trying to decide if I should start dating again after university exams finish this week – I just find the whole process so draining and exhausting but at the same time it would be nice to share life with someone especially over the summer. I’m envisioning a summer fling but just find it so hard to meet someone I click with!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Having a date centred around an experience is a great idea @ekoorb9! My go to would probably be a dinner date, but doing something a bit more stimulating could be great for relaxing into a date and moving past the first date awkwardness.

Clever thinking @purple! It’s a lot easier to call time on a quick lunch than a dinner, especially if you’re really not feeling it.

For me a very quick turn off would be someone insulting an interest that I bring up. I don’t have time for that negativity!

-_-
    Participant

@aunt_flo @purple love the idea of a quick lunch date instead so there is none of that ‘when is it polite to leave?’ challenges you get on an evening date! Maybe a before work brekkie date?!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.