Going "commando"? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Nurse Nettie Going “commando”?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    peachy
    Participant

So this article popped up recently saying wearing underwear increases your risk of yeast infections. Is there any truth to this? Also curious about prolonged bra use too. I wear underwear and a bra every night, am I putting myself at risk?

CookieMonster
    Participant

@peachy I’ve heard mixed views on this as well. I have read that you shouldn’t wear underwear at night cause you need to let yourself breathe after being in undies all day …. I have also heard that NOT wearing a bra will make your boobs sagy as the muscle stretch… so many mixed messages here!!! 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @peachy, it’s true that some underwear fabrics will be less breathable & more likely to cause skin irritation or fungal infections. We generally recommend cotton undies to avoid those problems. 

Underwire bras are not associated with any health issues! Wear what’s comfortable for you 🙂

HappyHooHah
    Participant

I remember as a child, my mum always suggested wearing no underwear beneath my pj’s for bed.. give the Hoohah some time to breathe 🙂 

ekoorb9
    Keymaster

I was always taught never to sleep in underwear – which has led to a lifelong penchant for sleeping in the nude! It makes sense to let it ‘breathe’ or whatever  😀 😀 😀

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I can’t really remember the last time I’ve worn PJs – it really helped all my skin breathe and relax as an eczema sufferer. Plus there are other benefits to sleeping nude! 

MintMilanoMintMilano

yeah I’ve read about all those benefits of sleeping naked and I am totally sold! If only I could convince my boyfriend to do the same  😀 :p hehe

peachy
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo that’s so interesting! I get really bad eczema and I’ve always had pyjamas + bra + underwear. I’ll have to experiment without! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@MintMilano my boyfriend thought it was very weird that I didn’t have any PJs! I think he’s slooooowly coming around. 

MintMilanoMintMilano

@Aunt_Flo haha mine doesn’t mind that I don’t, he was just like “I’m one of those weird people who likes wearing clothes.” I’m definitely a bit of a nudist around my home when I’m alone haha and sometimes if its just him, but he always wants to wear clothes, even in summer when its hot!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Is it weird that I can sleep without bottoms on like undies but need a shirt? 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@mak_trouble891 I don’t think it’s weird! I do that sometimes in winter when I want a bit of warmth on my chest. 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Nurse Nettie’ is closed to new topics and replies.