HIV results - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health HIV results

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Frankie
    Participant

Hi there, i have a question that i cannot quite understand. i wish i could attach the result here for you to see. i took my 1st hiv test :

( HIV 1/2 Ag/Ab CLIA Liaison XL ) – reactive
    ( HIV 1/2 Ag/Ab EIA Biorad Genscreen Ultra ) – non-reactive
    ( HIV 1/2 Western Blot MP Diagnostics ) – negative

After that, they asked me to take the same test again 1 month later. and i got exactly same results. After that they send me a letter statement saying based on my results there are no evidence of hiv.

i cant understand how on earth im getting the same results. thats weird right?
    They also mentioned in the statement saying most people with initial inconclusive results who are affected with HIV 1 will develop detectable hiv infection. what about hiv 2 then ?

TinyHunterTinyHunter
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing this with us @Frankie. Nurse Nettie may be able to offer you some insight here… I’ll tag them @nurse_nettie

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Thanks for your question @Frankie. I can see that you emailed me your question too. I’ve replied to your email with some information, so please check your inbox. If you want more info you can call 1800 451 624 between 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday to talk with a sexual health nurse (like me). It’s confidential & free if you call from a landline.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.