Is Dating Dead? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Is Dating Dead?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    EarthMamaEarthMama

My experience in the ‘dating’ world lately seems to be that plenty of people want to sleep with you, but no one wants to date anymore! What happened to people just wanting to meet others and enjoy their company!? I constantly feel the need to validate not wanting to have sex with someone within 24 hours of meeting them, and then feel immediately cast into the ‘too difficult- wants relationship’ basket. It’s like nobody wants to lift a finger anymore…
    Does anyone else have this problem?!

Signed,
    Just want to date !

teatea

YESSSS!! Totally agree @EarthMama ! The dating game just seems like a whole new game now, like yeah you’re kind of expected to sleep with someone as soon as you meet them and ,,,go from there? Though I have done this a few times myself,,,,,

I think it’s because we’ve become so used to getting things INSTANTLY?

EarthMamaEarthMama

@tea!! Right!! Do you think that’s it? I also feel as if we are all so spoiled for choice, that no one really wants to dip their toe in properly, for fear of missing out on something else…

teatea

@earthmama OMG yeah definitely some serious FOMO going on,,,,, I have so many friends who will start dating someone and be really into them, but then they see someone else attractive and second guess things????

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’ve heard, anecdotally, that because of the accessibility and sheer volume of people we can date through apps that people’s attention spans for dating have decreased, and that they get ‘bored’ a lot easier once the thrill of it has faded.

I can’t personally comment though. I’ve actually been in a long-term relationship for 6.5 years and that fact that dating has shifted so much actually makes me pretty apprehensive about ever having a need to date again. :/

@EarthMama
    I’m like you – I love the pleasure of people’s company!

EarthMamaEarthMama

@Aunt_Flo- this makes me incredibly sad. How are we ever supposed to forge a connection through all the noise of choice? @tea?

Sometimes I feel like I don’t fit in with the culture of this generation. Are there people out there who feel this way too?

teatea

@aunt_flo Yeah I’m definitely very guilty of getting bored way too easily because of this,,,minus my current relationship haha, but wow! 6.5 years!! Actually a good point about dating after long-term relationships though, I wonder how people cope with that anxiety?

@earthmama
    Hmm, maybe the online dating surge will lose its spark in the coming years? I feel like it’s been fading out a bit lately, a lot of my friends are quite apprehensive to use any apps to date because it’s so,,,artificial?

I feel like I’m in between generations? I don’t fully engage with online dating culture, but I’m not against it completely. It’s confusing really!

EarthMamaEarthMama

@tea super confusing! And there’s the whole dilemma of wanting to remain true to what feels right for you- but also the fear of breaking with culture to the extent that you never meet others because everyone else is using online dating?!?!?! It’s a mind field!!

PurplePurple

Hi I totally feel this. Sometimes I even found myself after a really great date still looking online for other ‘options’ and still going on dates to see if it was better than that one or if there’s other options out there. That’s not the kind of person I want to be so I’ve actually taken a break from dating for about six months now. It’s been really great. I hate that people have become kind of disposable and no one wants to truly get to know anyone anymore so I’m with you on that. Absolutely stick to whatever your beliefs are. There are definitely people out there that want the same things as you!!! It could be going for the type of person you might not usually go for.. I noticed when I stopped going for my usual type that’s when I met the kind of people who wanted the same things I did.

teatea

@earthmama omg yeah trying to fit into social norms is such a struggle honestly,,,

@purple
    Well said!! “Absolutely stick to whatever your beliefs are. There are definitely people out there that want the same things as you!!!” YESSSS!! Preach!!!! 100% you should never change yourself or compromise at the expense of wanting to fit in with others!!

EarthMamaEarthMama

Such great advice @purple – thank you for the reminder to stick to my beliefs! It is so easy to become super discouraged and doubtful that you will never meet anyone who is on your page…

@tea
    !! Shall we stop trying?? 😉

ydamaris
    Participant

The dating has been dead, everyone is looking for alternatives, how to quickly eat and “jump into bed with pretty girl” … And how strange it is comfortable!

Brent
    Participant

It’s our realities today, where a lot of things are possible for $ 100! and I do not criticize it, sometimes I use such services myself!

teatea

@earthmama YES!! Already on it hahah

EarthMamaEarthMama

@tea this made me laugh !! And yet, optimism continues to be the only path that leads forwards…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.