It's all in your head - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships It’s all in your head

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Curiosity
    Participant

Does anyone else psych themselves
    out of getting there during sex halfway through it? Sometimes its
    really difficult to (to quote High School Musical) “keep your head in the
    game? 

Kit
    Participant

That’s a really great question @Caiti. Sometimes, I think despite a partner’s best intentions, your mood isn’t matching the situation or you can be preoccupied with 101 other things. I’ve found it really sucks when your partner thinks they’ve done something wrong but really your mind has just been elsewhere and it was just never going to happen. What do you find helps in this situation?

ElleBelle
    Participant

My current partner does this. He said everything will be going along fine and then something about work, etc will pop into his head and he can’t shake it, and focusing on getting rid of the thought makes it worse. I don’t have this problem, so I’m not sure how to help him.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I have noticed that since being on my current birth control a similar thing happens to me. Like as much as may be enjoying myself, I just can’t finish.  I don’t know if it is directly because of the birth control, but it doesn’t seem to matter what I do, and as a result my mind begins to think of other things. I feel so guilty sometimes, especially when he wants me to cum so much.

Zah
    Participant

Yeah it sounds like a really common problem, but one that people beat themselves up about too much as well. When you consider how anxious and distracted Australians are in general it makes sense that it would carry over into the bedroom. I’ve been trying to get into mindfulness for stress- takes a bit of work but its super legit- but it seems like it could work for sex as well –  http://www.mindful.org/whats-sex-got-to-do-with-mindfulness/ 🙂

Kit
    Participant

@Zah Mindfulness is the best! Those lucky zebras..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.