IUD for emergency contraception - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health IUD for emergency contraception

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

“Most Women Think The Morning-After Pill Is The Most Effective Form Of Emergency Contraception. It’s Not.” (Article link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/ginarushton/copper-iud-emergency-contraception-australia-research)

According to an article on Buzzfeed only 13% of surveyed women knew that copper IUDs could be used as emergency contraception. I fall into the 87% – I had no idea about this use for them.

Did you know it could be used for this purpose? Knowing this now, is it something you’d consider should you need to access EC?

curiousss

I really had no idea that copper IUD’s could be used as an emergency contraception! Its great to know that I have this option now and will now definitely consider it if i need emergency contraception in the future. I feel like I have a real lack of knowledge about IUD’s and i guess i’m not alone!

-_-
    Participant

Wow I had no idea either @aunt_flo and it gives you a couple of extra day’s but TBH I’d rather just pop to my pharmacy the morning after and buy the pill over the counter than go in and get an IUD. I also wonder about booking the IUD appointment with Family Planning in the five day time period. But really great to know and I’d like to see FPNSW give some more information!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

True @stephaniaaaah, I’m curious as to how the timing works for insertion.

I’d probably stick to using pill form of EC as well, but it’s so cool that this option is out there and that, once you’ve got it, you’re unlikely to need EC again because it’s effective birth control! That’s so cool!

-_-
    Participant

agree @aunt_flo get your EC and LARC at the same time. tick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.