Job interviews - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Job interviews

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

I have a job interview coming up, it’s a group interview. I have never done a group interview before, any suggestions or advice, I’m rather nervous.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’ve had a few group interviews. I think an important thing is to be yourself, because in a group it’s very easy to spot someone who is trying too hard/faking it, e.g. answering ‘I work too hard’ as your biggest weakness would come across as even more inauthentic in a group interview than usual. Otherwise, practising your answers for common questions might come in handy in case someone has your answer and you need to shake things up a bit to stand out. Good luck with the interview!

NickiPower
    Participant

Don’t be nervous, mostly those group interviews are pretty fun. They get you to do activities and role playing so it feels natural – maybe even better than having a one-on-one interview (if you’re like me in that my mouth struggles to catch up with my brain). Good luck! 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Awesome advice 🙂
    The interviews tomorrow, so I’ll let you know how I go

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Speaking of job interviews, has anyone had any bad or funny experiences?

Curiosity
    Participant

@mak_trouble891  how did your group interview go? My most common interview blunder, is making sure my words come out as intended, but sometimes I accidentally mash together words from being nervous

mak_trouble891
    Participant

@Caiti, the group interview went really well. It was a great experience. We did a lot of activities, which was really fun and relaxing. I made it to the individual interviews, and am now just waiting to hear how I went.

NickiPower
    Participant

@Curiosity That’s my biggest problem too! My brain works overtime and my mouth can’t keep up! 

walk_on_walls
    Participant

Good luck @mak_trouble891

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Just an update, I got the job!!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Following on from my group interview, I had an individual interview. One of the questions really stumped me. I was asked to describe 3 of my strengths and 3 weaknesses. Has anyone else had a question like this in an interview? What was your response? I personally found it harder to name my strengths lol

NickiPower
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 It is, I guess that’s because we’re always criticising ourselves! I think they’re also after what you think is a strength or weakness which gives a little insight to your personality too (and how you would fit in with the team).  

walk_on_walls
    Participant

Congratulations on getting the job!!! @mak_trouble891

NickiPower
    Participant

Congrats @mak_trouble891

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.