Killing the stigma around Herpes - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Killing the stigma around Herpes

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    PurplePurple

Hi @stephaniaaaah, so sorry to hear about your partners initial horrible reaction and also thanks for helping normalise it by talking about it! So many people have it and the stigma is just unfair & gross. Someone I know actually contracted herpes after being sexually assaulted and was suicidal and depressed for a very long time – it’s disgusting that people joke about it when people contract STIs from being sexually assaulted, being cheated on etc (not throwing anyone under the bus who has an STI from having casual sex or whatever, just trying to demonstrate the many ways it can be transmitted). I have no idea how we can end the stigma though, considering the misinformation just seems to be continuing over the years. There are people like Ella Dawson and she is pretty damn awesome, but generally societies view doesn’t seem to be changing 🙁 

EarthMamaEarthMama

@Purple That is such an important point to raise and I can imagine what a lack of control that person must have felt from the assault and then of course, the diagnosis. I feel like the stigma comes under the umbrella of humans fearing things they don’t understand and cannot control. If anything, education must give us the ability to recognise we all feel afraid sometimes and we are all also out of control i.e. susceptible to the hurdles life throws at us. 

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.