Olympics!! - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Olympics!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

So has anyone been watching the Olympics?
    Did anyone see the footage of the gymnast that broke their leg? OMG the noise it made

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’m not watching aside from the diving. I know someone who’s competing in diving. But, yes! I did see the poor man break his leg. That was awful. He seemed to be in a total state of shock. 

EggplantEmoji
    Participant

Did you guys hear about the American swimmer who got bronze? When she won they planned to her husband and said “and here’s the person responsible for this win!” because he’s her coach too lol. Yeah, like it wasn’t the person in the pool. And the Chicago Tribune’s headline was like, “Wife of Chicago Bears Linesman placed third”. Excuse me she’s a three-time olympic champion… 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Yes @EggplantEmoji I did see that! How frustrating to give so little credit to the actual athlete, tsk tsk.

NickiPower
    Participant

@EggplantEmoji Yes, I saw that too only through people talking about how disgusting it is. Apparently during the Katie Ledecky race the NBC commentators were talking about Phelps coming up next. I know Phelps is an amazing swimmer but that Women’s 200m Freestyle was epic! 

Curiosity
    Participant
    ElleBelle
    Participant

I basically have the Olympics on 24/7 in my house! Is it bad that I just want Australia to get more medals than Great Britain?

NickiPower
    Participant

@ElleBelle well, it doesn’t look like we’re going to get more medals than Team GB this time.. :disappointed:

ElleBelle
    Participant

I know 🙁 If you could get a medal for fourth place we’d be smashing it! Good on Chloe Esposito though. I’d never heard of the Modern Heptathlon before but it looks mad – like some sort of survivor skills series!

Curiosity
    Participant

@ElleBelle I switched the modern heptathlon on right at the end, which didn’t make any sense as to why marathon runners were shooting at targets! Afterwards it made sense but surprising at first

NickiPower
    Participant

Anyone else sad that the Olympics are over? Only something like 1427 days until Tokyo 2020 and 19 months until the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast! 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I wish they showed more of the Paralympics on TV

NickiPower
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 Apparently this year is the first time the Paralympics will be on commercial TV – I believe it will be on 7 Mate. Starts Sep 8! 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.