Online dating during COVID - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Online dating during COVID

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    piperr42piperr42

COVID has been hitting us all pretty hard, and with new cases still increasing, I am starting to realise that I won’t be able to meet new people the way I have been prior to all the restrictions. I have never used dating apps before, but now they seem more and more appealing…

I was wondering what people’s experience has been with using online dating during these physical distancing times? Is starting to use dating apps for the first time during a global pandemic a good idea? Would love some advice!

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

I’m in the same boat as you @piperr42! I used to use dating apps a few years back and kind of got over them but now I am really considering getting back on them with everything that has been going on.

Would also love some advice and recommendations 🙂

PotPlant

It’s been very awkward! I’ve been using Hinge and people seem even more nervous go out and meet you in person. However, I’ve had some really good and long conversations with people over the app because it seems like quite a few of us are just stuck at home!

My advice would be to use at your own discretion, maybe you’d want to chat with them online for a bit longer before going out together. I don’t think it’s a great time to have many short term hookups, but maybe something with one person after chatting for a while wouldn’t be too bad!

piperr42piperr42

I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one @goldenrose 🙂

Thanks for the advice @potplant and about being honest with it being awkward. Yes, I totally feel the appeal of just having a chat with someone over an app rather than meeting them outside, which is usually the better way to go to get to know each other more. I have been put off having any short term hookups for COVID reasons, so maybe this is the chance to get to know new people on more of an emotional level before being with them physically/in person!!

I’m keen to hear if others also have similar experiences/other advice too!

Snoo_53338
    Participant

It’s been a frustrating time due to the covid-19. I’ve been using Whispark and I got to know a beautiful girl. Honestly, I am so happy that I met that girl, I do enjoy the conversations with this girl as we share so much in common. My worry is the same with you, it’s very hard to meet her up due to the restiction of the country. We like each other and we don’t want to give up the relationship. Hoping the virus will disappear in some day, and we are gonna meet in some day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.