Period Pain - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Period Pain

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

I often experience bad period pain and cramps, which means days at home with a hot water bottle. What are some things I can do to help improve period pain and cramps?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Have you ever brought it up with your doctor? Sometimes bad period pain could be due to a condition that can be managed.

Big_Mama
    Participant

@map_891 this is probably the last thing you’d want to do on your period, but I find some (VERY) light exercise helps like going for a quick stroll around the block. Couple of Advils and some hot chocolate also help.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Yes I have @Nurse_Nettie, I have been diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS. I was wondering if there was anything else that could help me other than surgery and strong pain medication.

Thank you @Big_Mama I’ll try that

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that @map_891. Now I understand why you have bad period pain. Have you considered contraception?
    This acts by suppressing your periods & ovulation which may help. It’s completely safe to do this too. Great tips @ Big_Mama!

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

So this came up in my Facebook feed over the weekend: 
    http://hellogiggles.com/marijuana-tampons-super-effective/

And just to confirm that it wasn’t just some silly thing.. this from the editors of TIME:
    http://motto.time.com/4435078/cannabis-tampons-cramps-relief/

It will be years before Australia gets to see anything of the like, but it’s nice to know that people are actually looking into ways to relieve women’s pain that doesn’t include painkillers (and the high that comes with the stronger version).

teatea

I’d really like to know everyone’s tips on what they do to help relieve period pains! It’s not crazy bad, but like damn it feels like my insides are on fire?? I have the Mirena as well so I generally don’t get my period at all, but I still get pains and the grumps.

peachy
    Participant

A few days before I’m due (I use an app on my phone to track it) I try to avoid sugar, which I find really helps! I’ve also experienced less pain since going vegetarian too!

EarthMamaEarthMama

@peachy WOW! I also went vegetarian at a similar time to my period pain lessening and I never considered the link…WOW! 

@tea I used to get awful pain and I still get terrible PMS :/ it is really the only time I take painkillers and have found Naprogesic to work better than anything else. 
    I also use a lot of heat packs and find lying in ‘Child’s pose’ to really help (tummy on knees, head down on floor (if you’re not sure, please just google an image) I find this can really take the pressure off your lower back. Even better if you can con someone into rubbing your lower back 😛 
    Also I know it seems counterintuitive, but popping a tampon in, or not (if you’re brave) and floating in a warm bath can be lovely. Try lying face down on your tummy and floating a bit- this can relieve pressure.

And be kind to yourself <3

HoneyPot

I wonder if the Vego thing is a thing?! How fascinating! I went veg years ago so can’t remember but that is so curious! hmmm
    I’m all about the nurofen and yessss to baths and showers and child’s pose! I also roll around on my bed like a child. And complain a lot. Masturbating can be good too! At least as a distraction.

peachy
    Participant

@HoneyPot @EarthMama How interesting you’ve both experienced it too!
    Masturbating is a definite go-to strategy for me too! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I second @peachy, masturbating/having sex is my only go to for easing cramps for me. 
    I also tend to feel incredibly nauseous (almost as if I have food poisoning) most times I get my period – I haven’t found relief for that yet. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I find a heat pack or hot water bottle is good for easing the pain, I also find exercise really helpful.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.