Period poops - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Period poops

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sextronautsextronaut

Hey friends!
    I’ve always experienced constipation during the first 48-72 hours of my periods as well as shooting pain in my rectum and I’ve never known why. Recently, I found out that it might be because my uterus swells during my period because it’s ‘full’ of blood and uterine lining and it presses on my rectum so not a lot can pass through it causing pain and constipation. Finally, an explanation!
    Does anyone else experience constipation or other digestive changes during their period? Tell me I’m not alone!

Also, @nurse_nettie can you confirm if this is true?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @sextronaut you’re not alone! It’s true. In fact research says that 1 in 3 people have this experience. That’s alot! Symptoms may include constipation, diarrhoea, nausea or vomiting or a combination of all these signs.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Well that explains quite a bit! I don’t really have any disgestive issues aside from needing to go to the bathroom slightly more during my period, but during the day before and first day of my period, I feel like I have food poisoning (uncomfortle, sore stomach, cramps, intense nausea) just without the actual vomiting or diarrhoea. That might explain it!

teatea

Oh man @sextronaut when I first read the title I was like “OMG RELATEABLE!!” I don’t get my period anymore because I have an IUD BUT when I didn’t have one, I’d get constipated a day or two before my period. Also, the day OF, I’d poop such a satisfying poop. Does this happen to anyone else lmao??

sextronautsextronaut

@tea Yes me! Although I generally can’t poop for a few days but when it happens I always feel like a new woman. Hahaha!

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

@sextronaut Omg this happens to me too! I thought it was just me haha… glad to know it’s normal

teatea

Just thinking about that shooting poop pain omg – how scary is it!!!! Sometimes it happens to me in public and I feel like I am Truly Dying!! But I can’t move and then I’m also terrified I might poop right then and there! Truly terrifying times..

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

@tea omg that happens to me too! It always happens when I’m at work and I can’t really just stop what I’m doing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.