Phimosis - not a Spanish tapas - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Phimosis – not a Spanish tapas

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    The_Beep
    Participant

Who here has heard of phimosis?
    I didn’t realise it existed until a male friend of mine told me about it. 
    Wikipedia says “Phimosis is a condition of the peniswhere the foreskin cannot be fully retracted over the glans penis.”

apparently its its quite common! and can vary in degrees of severity. 
    With one of the treatments being circumsision in teens. 

@Nurse_Nettie could you please shed any more light on this? 🙂

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Sure @The_Beep!  Phimosis is part of normal sexual development in uncircumcised boys. The foreskin usually becomes detached from the glans & retractable in early teenage years. A small number of men may not be able to fully retract the foreskin (which is graded into 5 types). It’s important to know that phimosis is usually not a problem. If there’s any difficulty urinating or pain experienced during sex, it should be checked by doctor. Circumcision is one treatment however there are non surgical methods such as steroidal creams to thin & loosen the foreskin too.

HarryPotter
    Participant

For no so serious phimosis, is there any home remedy ?
    Nettie, could you please share your thoughts?

HarryPotter
    Participant

Can anyone tell me if there any home remedies for phimosis (tight foreskin). Assuming its not very tight. Any natural methods are highly appreciated.

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @HarryPotter, with normal washing use mild soap or just water, you may try to gently retract your foreskin during bathing or urination. That’s all 🙂

RoseHill
    Participant

Hey @HarryPotter! Not too sure about home remedies – have you ever asked a GP about it? @Nurse_Nettie
    any suggestions? From what I’ve read phimosis is more common than I thought!

RoseHill
    Participant

Just merged these two threads here since they were about the same thing! Hope that helps 🙂

HarryPotter
    Participant

Nurse Nettie Under water, I am able to retract. But when erect and with no lubrication I feel uncomfortable. Is this normal ?

@RoseHill I have not seen a GP because I still need to find out whats normal and whats not. My main question is Will a normal person feel uncomfortable when he retracts foreskin under erect and dry state?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@HarryPotter, the answer is that any discomfort in the penis is not normal. Particularly when the penis is erect & dry. Visiting your doctor (GP) will help provide some options of how to manage it.

teatea

@HarryPotter Did you end up speaking to your GP about this issue? I hope you’ve been able to get to a more comfortable place with your body! :heart:

Shane_thechancre
    Participant

I had no issues with retracting my foreskin for 23 years, but randomly after a period of time I started to develop pain during sex and cuts on my foreskin after sex. I saw my doctor who diagnosed it as phimosis, I opted for the surgical option and i was fine 6 weeks post surgery. 
    I am pain-free and I haven’t stopped using my penis since. 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.