Sex and the City! - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Sex and the City!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    EarthMamaEarthMama

I have just begun rewatching Sex and the City and my love for it is so great. Even though the show is nearly 15 years old- I find it so thrilling how relevant some (not all) of the content is.
    My most favourite trope is that of the single women in their thirties, who are genuinely happy with their lives most of the time. It’s a nice reminder sometimes.
    Any other SATC fans??

champagnepapi

Yes @EarthMama! I binge watched it about 3 years ago during my uni break – it’s still so modern despite being set in a completely different dating era.

champagnepapi

Biggest question – aiden or big?

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Me me me! I own the box set and love it.

I think sometimes the show is a bit hit and miss with its messaging, but I really like somethings, e.g. the fact that Samantha is unabashed about her sexuality and refuses to view herself as a ‘less than’ for enjoying sex.

I pick Aidan for sure, but I didn’t really enjoy him after Carrie cheated on him.

And the second movie. ???? Urgh.

EarthMamaEarthMama

@champagnepapi @auntflo yes!!!

Aiden all the way! I genuinely am still confused about what Carrie sees in Big…he just seems majorly obnoxious, non-committal and a little boring honestly :/
    I completely love Aiden’s honesty and vulnerability and dedication to fostering a meaningful relationship. I really think he is one of the truest characters in the whole show. <3 <3 <3 ah true love. It’s a shame that didn’t work out 😛

TRUTH about the second movie. I did however enjoy ‘I am woman hear me roar’ !!!

EarthMamaEarthMama
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.