Sex in long distance relationships? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Sex in long distance relationships?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Catdog

Long term relationships are never ideal but they’re inevitable sometimes and sex remains a big part of a relationship.

Obviously sex isn’t possible but how does a couple compensate for this when distance is a barrier?

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

I’ve never been in a long distance relationship but they do seem like a difficult situation to be in!

When compensating for sex some of my friends who have been in long distance relationships have exchanged nude pictures and had ‘phone sex’ with their partners. If this is something that both people in the relationship are comfortable with then I feel like that would be a good idea as well as masturbation!

This probably goes without saying but for other aspects of the relationship especially when it’s long distance communication is a big key. Just letting the other person know when your busy and you’ll talk to them when you can rather than not responding to their messages is something I’ve learned from my friend’s experiences 🙂

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

I also think I should add that both people should be over the age of 18 if they are considering exchanging pictures etc. 🙂

EarthMamaEarthMama

@catdog I’ve done this! And it was TOUGH! However, strangely enough I still felt like I was having a fulfilling sex life through skype sex. There is definitely risk attached to anything that goes through an online platform, and I don’t think I would be comfortable had I not been in a loving and trusting union. It was slow going at first, but once we got the hang of it, it became really fun. I actually learned to make myself orgasm through mutual masturbation over skype- a huge positive!
    We also used to use whatsapp voice memos to send fantasies to one another.Come to think of it- it was a pretty positive experience! Definitely possible if all parties are willing 🙂

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’ve never had to deal with this, but it does sound really challenging.

I guess one plus side would be you would need to get better at communicating your needs to your partner, so maybe having a long distance sex life could help improve communication.

I know that some companies make ‘long distance’ sex toys that operate via a Bluetooth or app (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.refinery29.com/amp/en-us/long-distance-sex-toys), but I’ve never heard a review from someone I know, so not too sure if they’re usually or just gimmicky.

Has anyone tried them?

teatea

Totally agree with @goldenrose, @catdog – communication is key! I’ve been in a few long-distance relationships and keeping things intimate just doesn’t work if you don’t communicate with your partner enough! Plus it makes phone sex really awkward if communication isn’t good.

I’ve found exchanging pictures or even skype calls keeps things spicy. Like @aunt_flo mentioned, you can get sex toys that work long-distance too! I never tried any but I definitely thought about it.

@earthmama
    Yeah mutual masturbation!!! Something about not being able to physically touch the other person just feels so, sexy? Idk, for me, that kind aspect to phone sex was actually helpful. I feel like it made me more connected and comfortable with my body too because I was always the one in control of everything. Did you feel like that @earthmama?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.