Sex in long relationships - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Sex in long relationships

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    champagnepapi

Just something I was thinking about today, how do people in very long relationships and marriages keep the spark alive when you’ve probably already tried/done everything?

My longest relationship was 2 years so obviously has nothing on you long-term peeps!

Also has anyone considered non-monogamy or talked about it with their partners?

YogiGirl
    Keymaster

Hey @champagnepapi, it can be a real challenge! I have found that as time goes on and the ‘honeymoon’ phase ends you get comfortable with each other (which is great) but the intense passion can fizzle out. It can be fun to try something different like toys to get some excitement, or maybe role play?

In terms of the non-monogamy, I think it works for some BUT once you have crossed that bridge you can’t go back. It’s definitely something that needs some serious chats and for both to be on the same page. If one person in the relationship isn’t sure on the idea then it could be really negative and something you can’t take back. If I was to try it in my relationship I think we would have to set some rules and boundaries around how it would work for us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.