Sex & Love Around the World - Netflix Show - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Sex & Love Around the World – Netflix Show

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sextronautsextronaut

I’ve just started on Christiane Amanpour: Sex & Love Around the World on Netflix, and I’m loving it! I’ve learnt so much, Christiane explores the culture of cities all over the world to understand how sex and love operate within it. It’s super interesting, I’ve seen the ‘Tokyo’ and ‘Delhi’ episodes so far. Has anyone else seen it? I’d be interested to hear from people who have lived outside of Australia so I can understand how Australian sex and love culture might be in comparison to others!

teatea

I’ve watched the ‘Tokyo’ episode with my girlfriend @sextronaut and it was so good!! I kind of knew about the sex side of their culture anyway so I wasn’t too shocked but my girlfriend was like, woah!! It’s definitely interesting seeing how diverse love and sex is displayed around the world!

sextronautsextronaut

@tea it’s so interesting! I love finding out how things have changed since Western colonisation, and what they were before/could have been. Such a good show!

teatea

@sextronaut do you think Western colonisation made sexual education etc better or worse?

sextronautsextronaut

@tea honestly after seeing a few episodes of this show – so much worse! What do you think?

teatea

@sextronaut Definitely worse! It seems people are more oppressed in terms of sexual exploration due to Western influences? Western sexualisation feels so prudish in comparison to some things shown in the show prior to colonisation. It’s kind of like erasing culturally significant expression/practices by enforcing a more Western-based view on sex and sexuality.

sextronautsextronaut

@tea I completely agree! In hindsight, I don’t think I should have been as surprised about it as I was.

teatea

@sextronaut It can be a pretty shocking thing to be exposed to though! Especially because it’s not something we’re exposed to on a daily basis, it’s kind of like WOAH that exists, y’know?

sextronautsextronaut

@tea totally! I wish it were possible to see an alternate reality without without western influence – it would be so interesting!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.