Sexual Health Volunteering - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Sexual Health Volunteering

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PurplePurple

I know we have a thread for sexual health events but I thought it’d be really cool if we could have a thread for any sexual/mental health volunteering events or opportunities! I would love to dedicate a couple of hours a week to something like this but really have no idea to start or what is available.

EarthMamaEarthMama

Great idea!

peachy
    Participant

Good idea @Purple
    I’ve done some really great things with ACONHepatitis NSW and StartOut but I’ve also heard good things about
    Sydney Sexual Health CentreTwenty10, The Gender Centre, Black Dog, Beyond Blue and ReachOut

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Good stuff! 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hey, there was a thread on how to become a sexual health educator that might be relevant. We talked about a range of short courses & volunteer opportunities.Check it out here 🙂

-_-
    Participant

Agree that ACON are a good place to start! They especially need lots of extra volunteers in the lead up to Mardi Gras.

I am interested in Harm Minimisation outside of sexual health work and there are great opportunities to get other health promotion work in Harm Min at music festivals though groups like NUAA and Red Cross Save a Mate. 

paulh
    Participant

Sex Workers Outreach Project is another good place to volunteer. Hepatitis NSW has a new webpage for volunteering and peachy’s one above, might not work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.