Sexual Mood Killers - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Sexual Mood Killers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

My partner and I were getting intimate the other night, and he criticised my ‘technique’ lol
    I was instantly turned off. I’m not sure if it was they way he said it or what. But I almost instantly stopped and put my clothes back on. What is a mood killer for you?

Kit
    Participant

Groan :|. Communication is awesome but ‘you’re doing it wrong’ never helps.

I find distracted behaviour to be a mood killer, anything that makes it clear they’re in it for themselves or charging towards a goal.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I totally agree @Kit, especially when they look at the TV if its on lol

Curiosity
    Participant

Sometimes the fumble for the condom, taking too long to find it, then put it on can be a mood killer. It’s good to have it within reach if things you and your partner are intending to escalate sexual activities

EggplantEmoji
    Participant

We find that phone notifications annoy us! Have to put our phones on silent/flight mode to avoid any distracting buzzes. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Have you ever had someone come to the front door while in the middle of it? Omg, frustrating and a mood killer. But what should you do finish or stop and answer?

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I second the tv or phones being a mood killer. Not a nice feeling. I’ve had to get used to a few things that used to be mood killers, like the sound of footsteps outside of my room. Ah, the burden of living at home!

Kit
    Participant

Oh yes! All of these!

The fumbling/waiting time needs some hold music or something. But nice, mood enhancing hold music 😉

And those phones on vibrate! I was once so distracted by a silent phone because it then reverted to a flashing light and no matter how many times I turned the phone over or thought I tucked it away, it might as well have been a flashlight in my eye – interrogation style!

walk_on_walls
    Participant

Haha @Kit the flashing light on the phone had me cracking up.

Talking about their ex can pretty much end the sex.

Kit
    Participant

Omg yes @walk_on_walls. Nothing says ‘I’m not into this’ like talking about someone not in the room at the time…

NickiPower
    Participant

My phone is always on silent/facedown when in the bedroom anyway, it leads to a much better sleep as well! 

Curiosity
    Participant

Had a mood killer with my partner the other night, he complemented me on my progress toning my legs and butt. Only for my mind to then zero in on that I didn’t think there was that much progress and then to gosh what was I like before! Not the ideal time to give that complement

NickiPower
    Participant

Oh no @Curiosity! I’m sure he meant well, but the timing was just off!!

v4wanndii
    Participant

The mood killer? I think it would be my family… we live as an extended  family. So there are 6 of us in one house. sometimes, it is not easy if you want to be a bit loud.. you can get what i mean.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Oh no @Curiosity I can totally relate. My partner has a habit of commenting on my appearance, and how much a jiggle right before he wants some action

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.