Sharing Sex toys and Bacterial Vaginosis - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Sharing Sex toys and Bacterial Vaginosis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    curiousss

Recently I’ve started to explore my sexuality and sleep with other women. After a super fun night of sex with a new female friend my vagina started to feel strange and sort of sore and there was some usual smelly discharge. I’d had thrush before but this sort of seemed different.

I would say i’m pretty active in my sexual health but I’m only new to having sex with women and I was actually pretty confused as to whether I could of gotten a STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) from other girl.

I ducked into my dropped into my local sexual health clinic to get it check out. I ended up having something I had never even heard of called Bacterial Vaginosis (BV).

I was told while BV wasn’t an STI,BV can be passed in vaginal fluid and sharing sex toys without condoms on them…. WHOOPS!!!

I had no idea!!!

This experience made me realise that I still have more to learn about how to take care of my sexual health including when I am sleeping with other women.

Do you wear condoms on your sex toys? Or did you know know that is it recommended to wear condoms on sex toys when sharing them with a partner?

Have you ever had or heard of BV?

Also @nursenettie are you able to tell me the low down with STIs and vagina to vagina sex?

teatea

I’ve heard of BV through Play Safe!! Before that, I had no idea what it was tbh! Did you know that it often shows no symptoms and 50% of the time will clear itself?

I have one sexual partner at the moment and don’t often use condoms when using toys, though we don’t share them either. We usually have separate ones instead to lower the risk of cross-contamination.

What happened when you found out you had BV? Did you let the other girl know? Were you told you needed to notify them?

Facts about Bacterial Vaginosis | How To Prevent It

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I knew that using condoms for shared sex toys, but I had always assumed that was for STIs.

I had no idea that BV could be transmitted that way! I’ve heard of BV before, but only in passing. Thanks for the info @tea!

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

I’ve had BV once before in the past and was told it was actually most commonly caused by stress!
    I had no idea it could be transmitted that way either, also curious as whether you were told to notify the other girl 🙂

sextronautsextronaut

I never thought BV was an STI but this video on sexplanations taught me there’s some contention there, it’s so interesting, and there’s puppies!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.