Steptember - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Steptember

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

So this month I have been doing the Steptember challenge for Cerebral Palsy. The aim is to walk 10,000 steps or more a day for 28 days. So far there has only been two days where I have not reached 10,000 steps. It can be hard some days. And I know 10,000 steps is the recommended daily goal for adults too. 
    So how many steps do you guys all do on average a day?

champagnepapi

I try not to drive during the week so it’s usually pretty easy to hit the 10k mark! Great cause, well done! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I would hate to see how little I do as an office worker. One thing I definitely miss about being a waitress is the walking!

teatea

I try to get my 10k in everyday but I average at about 15k with all the walking around I do on campus 😆 I like waking up early to go for a walk in the mornings before doing anything else, and I feel like this is a good way to start my day (I get to sneak in all my steps before the sun comes out too hehe)! But I don’t always get up early every morning, I’ve been learning to be okay with not being super strict about doing things at a certain time, just getting them done is a good thing, no matter how long it takes.

Also totally didn’t even realize steptember was a thing? Can I fundraise somehow?

peachy
    Participant

I try to do 10k too! I don’t find it too hard because I don’t drive so I’m always running to buses, walking to work and walking around campus.

@Aunt_Flo I work in an office to and it’s so hard! Free lunches and birthday cakes make being healthy really hard too 🙁 

I really enjoyed tracking my steps with a Fitbit for a while. I’m a bit competitive so I found being able to challenge your friends to a step goal was a good motivator for me too

teatea

@peachy omg I’m totally the same with my fitbit, I’ve been doing weekly challenges with my friends for almost 2 months now haha (I’ve won most times!)

MintMilanoMintMilano

I’ve got an app called StepUp that lets you invite your friends to join, it just uses your phone to track your steps and you can compare with friends, it makes a little bit of friendly competition.
    You can also set your goal so I brought mine down to 7000 steps. I work from home so I don’t do a hell of a lot of commuting but having the app definitely encourages me to walk more when I can to get up the steps. 10,000 is not as easy as it sounds!

teatea

@MintMilano Do you find your phone counts your steps accurately? I used my phone before I got a FitBit and it seemed to grossly overexaggerate how many steps I did in a day.

MintMilanoMintMilano

@tea honestly I couldn’t really say because I don’t really have anything I’ve recorded my step with to compared it to. It’s probably not the most accurate thing in the world but it gives a general idea, I reckon. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

@tea, without doing the challenge, you can donate money and/or sponsor a person or group of people doing the challenge. I didn’t know it was a thing until a friend of mine asked me to join their team. And surprisingly quite a few people I know actually did the challenge this years. Its actually really cool.

That’s heaps cool @peachy and @champagnepapi that you guys can get your steps up so easily. I really struggle some days, like @Aunt_Flo as I don’t really do a lot of walking for work and I do a lot of driving. So for me it really was a challenge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.