STI specific dating apps - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships STI specific dating apps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    -_-
    Participant

Telling someone you have an STI can be daunting. I’ve noticed a few dating apps that are specifically for people with STIs to connect. Does anyone have any experience using them? I can see the appeal of having one less awkward conversation. Dating is hard enough!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I don’t have experience with them, but I think they’re a good idea. It must be a bit relieving to know that you don’t have to bring it up, since it’s already out in the open.

That said. I would hate for people who have an STI to feel limited to using those dating apps exclusively. They’re definitely great and I assume they would create a safe space, but there’s nothing wrong with having an STI!

-_-
    Participant

Hey @aunt_flo I think the same that it must be a relief to not have to bring it up directly.

You are right though, there is nothing wrong with having an STI and it’s a conversation that we should all be having before sleeping with a new sexual partner 🙂

-_-
    Participant

Hey @aunt_flo and @yogigirl! I agree its an interesting concept, that probably plays a part for some people.

But wouldn’t it be great if we lived in a society where such a concept wasn’t needed! There wasn’t any shame or stigma about STIs, and we all just accepted each other for who we are, rather than whether we’ve come into contact with a random infection sometime in our past! 🙂

-_-
    Participant

Hey @aunt_flo and @yogigirl! I agree its an interesting concept, that probably plays a part for some people.

But wouldn’t it be great if we lived in a society where such a concept wasn’t needed! There wasn’t any shame or stigma about STIs, and we all just accepted each other for who we are, rather than whether we’ve come into contact with a random infection sometime in our past! 🙂

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Very true @trayl_blayza!

As much as these apps likely create a safe space for people with STIs to date without fear of stigma, it doesn’t necessarily do anything to change broader public opinion about it. It’s definitely just one step on the way towards eliminating the stigma and shame around getting tested and having an STI.

-_-
    Participant

Yes so true @trayl_blayza and @aunt_flo. It would be refreshing to live in a world free from STI stigmas! At the end of the day, we are so much more than an STI positive status.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.