Strange jobs you've had in the past? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Strange jobs you’ve had in the past?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PotPlant

Right now I’m working as a baker at a hungarian donut shop. It’s a lot of fun. I’ve also worked as a wordpress website creator, a survey giver-outer, and had a paid position on the student representative council at my uni. But this go me thinking about unusual jobs and I always find it so interesting to know what people have done for work before.

What are some weird jobs you’ve had in the past?

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

I’ve worked at the Silos out west grading wheat, barley and canola during the summer harvest season while I was at uni and it was actually a lot of fun! I stayed with my mate who’s family is from there who I met at uni so I got to meet heaps of new people.

PotPlant

@goldenrose Wow that sounds fascinating! Is that like divvying up what the best and worst barley and canola is? Where does the A grade vs. the C grade end up?

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

So the truck driver (usually someone working for the farmer or farming corporation but sometimes it is the farmer themselves if they have a smaller farm) will come to the ‘sample stand’ where we will take a small sample from their truck using probes that vacuum it out. We then run it through a machine that tells you the protein and moisture, (high protein and low moisture is ideal) and then do another test (can’t remember exactly what) to determine the grade.

The high grade wheat and barely is used to make flour for bread and pasta etc. or to make hops for beer and the low grade stuff is used for feed for livestock.

PotPlant

@goldenrose

How cool!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.