Supanova!!!! - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Supanova!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

Omg! I am so exited, I got tickets for my birthday to Supanova in Sydney this year. Anyone else going to Supanova this year or been before? 🙂

blithe
    Participant

I’ve never been but seeing everyone on PT on their way to Supanova is so fun. So many amazing costumes!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

OMG @blithe it was amazing, and the costumes were fantastic. I had a photo with Travis Fimmel (the guy from Vikings), he is so hot and really cool.

blithe
    Participant

Oh @mak_trouble891 he is totally hot! I love him in Vikings. 🙂

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@mak_trouble891  I’ve been to Supanova Sydney and Oz Comiccon Sydney once each.  

Supanova was were I discovered that I shall never again enter a crowded convention without some form of queue jumping ticket (because I am not good in crowds or small spaces – the people were really seriously lovely, and I got to meet Stan Lee and John Barrowman). 

I hear that since discovering my dislike to crowded bunched up queues Supanova has actually used some technology to fix most of the complaints I had – so I hope you were able to have a really great time (without massive wait times for whatever you wanted to see and do).

But if you want to experience genuine hospitality, try visiting an Oz Comiccon – those people know how to generate a happy crowd.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

@MsBlueStreak like you I am not good with large crowds, or really any sort of crowd and small spaces. The day I went it was still way too crowed for me and I managed to have a panic attack which I find kind of funny now. I did still enjoy the day. But I definitely agree with you and if I was to go again, I would buy some kind of queue jumping ticket.

Yeah I would like to go to Oz comiccon, maybe next time hopefully 🙂

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@mak_trouble891, you did better than me if you only had one panic attack.  I had one of those (while in line for a Q&A in the main theatre), which my friends dealt with my distracting me and creating a bubble of space around me.  When we were asked to bunch up, my friends informed the volunteer that was a very bad idea because I have claustrophobia – which the mother in line next to us decided meant she should inform me that “if you really have claustrophobia,then  you shouldn’t come to things like this dear”…. In my fabulous mental state my overly defensive response went something like “Well if you have small <expletive> children, you shouldn’t <expletive> bring them out in public if you don’t want them to <expletive> hear swear words”.

Additionally, after a sudden stop brought on by people who stepped directly in front of me and them came to a halt in the middle of a moving path, I managed to pull on some old scar tissue in my ankle causing my agony and swelling. This resulted in the St John’s team having to tend to me and issue two chairs (one for my butt, the other for my foot) for usage in the 6-hour long Stan Lee autograph queue. So much explaining by me and the paramedic (who really wanted to take me to the hospital despite my determination to stay), to every volunteer in the vicinity who wanted the chairs back in the auditorium. Also, so embarrassing to be the only person is said queue sitting (but hey, I still got to meet the God of comics, so I’ll take my pain).

OzComicon last year was a much better experience – the lines and queuing were much more under control (at least from what I could tell with my privilege pass), and I managed not to injure myself.  I even worked up the nerve to ask questions in the panels. (Okay, maybe it’s not all Supanova’s fault that my experience wasn’t awesome)

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I feel for @MsBlueStreak. I find it to be incredibly frustrating when other people feel the need to comment during a time of crisis. Furthermore, I think it is more something to support than criticise, when a person with any mental illness gets out and participates in society. Claustrophobia and panic attacks can affect any one, it bugs me how her solution was to just stay home.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.