Syphilis test accuracy - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Nurse Nettie Syphilis test accuracy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frankie
    Participant

Hi, just wanted to know can syphilis be detected even after being exposed 10 years later? some people say after few years it wont be accurate anymore on both treponemal and non-trep test.

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @Frankie, thanks for your question! Syphilis testing is a little tricky to explain, as it can be complicated and depends a lot on a person’s individual health history. If you want more specific info about syphilis testing you can call 1800 451 624 between 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday to talk with a sexual health nurse (like me). It’s confidential & free if you call from a landline.

Play safe,

Nurse Nettie

Frankie
    Participant

Oh i see, actually i just need to know if a syphilis negative result is conclusive 10 years after exposure. i cant call out now as my phone is damaged.

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @Frankie, thanks for your question! Syphilis testing is a little tricky to explain in writing. It’ll be great if you could call the NSW Sexual Health Infolink on 1800 451 624 to discuss your concerns. I’ve received your questions via Nurse Nettie email and will answer to you that way.

Frankie
    Participant

Oh,dont have a phone now, but im planning a trip to the clinic to check but i need to know beforehand if its fine for me to get check. Just wanna know if syphilis positive stays forever once if someone got it.

mybestchemist
    Participant

Hi @frankie I can see from the thread Nurse Nettie has been in touch and I believed also emailed you too. I hope you’ve found the answer you’re looking for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Nurse Nettie’ is closed to new topics and replies.