Telling your partner you have an STI... - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Telling your partner you have an STI…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MintMilanoMintMilano

Have you ever had to do it? If so, how did you tell them? How did they react?

I’m lucky to have never actually had a bad experience with this. I have unfortunately had chlamydia twice, and just to be safe I sent a quick text message to the people I had had sex with since my previous STI test. They were all really good about it, thanked me for people so open and honest with them and said that they would get tested themselves. I’d heard some horror stories of people freaking out when being informed a sexual partner has has an STI, so I couldn’t believe my luck! 
    -_-
    Participant

If it was me, I would really appreciate someone speaking to me face-to-face, over the phone, or at least via text/Whattsapp.

But I’ve heard about websites like Drama Down Under and http://letthemknow.org.au/ Let them know, which I think would be helpful if you were too nervous to reach out yourself.

However it’s done, the main thing is just to make sure you tell them! 

peachy
    Participant

I’ve done it once in a person and it went really well luckily. We had a talk about how I would take precautions not to give it to them and they was really understanding! 

Don’t know if this counts but my neighbour’s cat gave me ringworm the other day and I had to text someone to let them know to wash their sheets ahaha! He appreciated the warning! 

-_-
    Participant

Wondering if anyone has experience of telling a potential sexual partner that they have an STI? Or have you been in the position of someone disclosing to you that they have one? How did you/that person deal with the information? It’s so important to be open with potential partners if you have an STI but its a scary conversation to have! There are some great examples above but does anyone have any more stories to share?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.